What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
20hp if there's a sticker on the other side too!

Ding ding! :D

At least it's not called a "Black edition" like most others. It's basically just a trim level - black and chrome interior (rather than awful beige), black grille and body matched bumpers. They like advertising them in big letters for some reason. That said, it does come with a "sport" mode, which keeps the revs a bit higher, but I'm not actually sure if that's standard on non "sport" vehicles.

Caporegime
I don't even like having them on the rear of the Corolla. They have to go

It's worse with a pair of PZeros than it was with a Goodride on one side, and a Bridgestone ER300 on the other. :p

Man of Honour
Had a nightmare of a day with the MX5.

Started it up after doing a couple of bit yesterday to be greeted with it only running on 3 Cylinders. After all sorts of faff including swapping injetors around cylinders I've got a dead injector driver on the ECU.

Used it as a poor excuse for upgrading to MS3 as a proper repair (Which also properly fixes a previous repair) is two thirds the cost of the upgrade

Don
So the detailing/polishing has begun, my god it's hard work, I reckon I've got another two days of work remaining. The paint for a 20,000 mile car is very bad, bearing in mind I've always used fairly expensive products and always followed at least the following cleaning ritual:

jet wash initial dirt off
snowfoam
two bucket wash
new clay bar with dodo juice lube
jet wash clean
brand new or carefully washed edgeless towels dry
polish with autoglym ultra HD
silicon seal with Tac systems moonlight

So given that, the paint quality was very disheartening, I tried to took a few photos by my phone decided to die so these are a mixture from my phone and my mates:

Z1cTjgF.jpg
pxuy577.jpg

R631nCO.jpg
gJw0JUX.jpg

I prepped the car, decontaminated it and then used Angelwax Perfect Polish Pre Wax Paint Cleanser, then went to work on the wing first with Scholl Concepts S20 Black,
lTAYert.jpg
HLbMUI7.jpg

After a couple of these passes, i then used an IPA solution to clean off the polish and then went on to use Tac systems moonlight sealant followed by a layer of Gyeon Q²M WetCoat, here's how the wing looks now:
VTnTqWc.jpg

Shall complete the polish jobs tomorrow, then move onto removing wheels and fully treating them, moving onto the windows and then interior. Then a well earnt beer :D

Caporegime
Completed the suspension work on my e38 (by a garage not I) - two front arms changed last week and finally replaced a snapped spring at the rear (I had both of them replaced) after an 8 day wait for the parts to arrive from BMW Germany given my car has self levelling rear suspension, couldn’t find springs suitable anywhere in the U.K. as they are unique to the SLS setup...

Thankfully nothing else required - as verified by both BMW and a trusted independent - what a transformation!

I thought it rode well given it’s 18years but wow! such a huge improvement!

The best bit was my petrol head partners comment on picking it up for me “I finally get why you like these cars so much - it wafts along beautifully yet handles like it’s got no right to for the size and age of the car.” :)

That said though, including its service, I’m a good £1500 lighter....

Soldato
Looks great Will Gill. The paintwork on my M3 is in a much worse state though, so take heart! It's also got an annoying large number of dents, scratches and scrapes from careless ****wits over the past 5 months where we've been living in a rented house and it's been parked on the main road :(

Sadly I think at least two of these sections are going to need paint, and then the whole thing needs a really good going over by a professional to bring it up to standard.

Keep up the good work!

Associate
Took the noble out for the first time in a few weeks and went to check out a closed road :D

43534273_10155815251446966_4948188000170278912_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom