• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** Stock Cooler Removal Information **

Soldato
No point with stock cooler.
I disagree,

When trying to install a faulty eiswolf to my 56, i then had to put the stock cooler back, but with new tim and some extra pads under the backplate left over from the eiswolf install.
I now never get more than 80.C hotspot when under load and my temps stay about 10.C cooler on the core and hbm which means less noise from the fan.

Associate
Can anybody confirm whether PowerColor are okay for stock cooler removal, simply for a thermal paste change (and then put the stock cooler back on)? Card purchased from OCUK too, listed as with a 3 year warranty.

Associate
I have 5700xt from Gigabyte with AMD warranty sticker on it. Gigabyte support told me that tampering in any way with stock cooler will void my warranty. Im from Poland.

Associate
Just thought I'd let you guys know, I sent a card back directly to XFX with the stock cooler re-attached with the sticker obviously scraped out. Apparently it doesn't matter as long as the stock cooler is re-attached correctly. Just waiting for the replacement from China now :D
What did you say /claim as reason for sending them the card??

Soldato
Are EVGA still the only company that offically allows cooler removal on nvidia cards?

No. Zotac, Gigabyte, and PNY will do as well, as far as I'm aware. As long as you don't remove a warranty void if removed sticker and there's nothing about it in their warranty terms, it's officially supported.

Soldato
As long as you don't remove a warranty void if removed sticker and there's nothing about it in their warranty terms, it's officially supported.

Thats the problem though, as it can be a pita getting the cooler off without removing/damaging the sticker. Warranty void stickers kinda say its not supported.

I wish companies would just let us remove the cooler, watercooling aside its useful for things things like repasting.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Thats the problem though, as it can be a pita getting the cooler off without removing/damaging the sticker. Warranty void stickers kinda say its not supported.

I wish companies would just let us remove the cooler, watercooling aside its useful for things things like repasting.
shame not case in UK in US they became illegal more or less but lucky enough they just scrapped stickers mostly as they are made in same factory and would add extra sorting factor for eu/us/asia
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43724348

Back
Top Bottom