**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
I'm wondering if McGregor would have won if he'd not been out of UFC for 2 years? I mean, was it just rust, or has he just finally met more than his match, or is he simply past it?

To early to say imo.

Good for Khabib though he's put himself on the map, 25 fights of beating plumbers and uber drivers but now he's taken out the man at the top.

Associate
I'm wondering if McGregor would have won if he'd not been out of UFC for 2 years? I mean, was it just rust, or has he just finally met more than his match, or is he simply past it?
This matchup was dodged while Conor was fighting , was never going to go well with 2 years off

Soldato
I love how all the UFC commentators were disgusted with Khabib and his teams behaviour, yet before the fight they were blatantly using Connor's bus attack in their videos to promote the fight. What a joke.

The guy could have easily blinded several UFC fighters and ended their careers, yet nothing was done to him on a professional level.

Now everyone wants Khabib to lose his title and banned from the UFC.

Soldato
Being out of the game for 2 years living it up with his new found fortune was never going to be conducive to a fantastic performance but I think an important difference is that a lot of people previously have tried to beat him at his own game, which is rarely going to work. He is a naturally very awkward, unpredictable and gifted stand up fighter but Diaz showed he has weakness if you can force him away from that. Khabib fought on his own game rather than making the mistake of trying to prove he was better than McGregor at McGregors game.

Soldato
I love how all the UFC commentators were disgusted with Khabib and his teams behaviour, yet before the fight they were blatantly using Connor's bus attack in their videos to promote the fight. What a joke.

So the commentators are responsible for what appears in the promotional videos?

Soldato
Of course the UFC will shake its head and say how disgusting this all was.........whilst knowing this will be the biggest fight of all time if they do a rematch now!

Way too combustible a situation to do it anytime soon though. They’ll give Khabib a token suspension, do Diaz v Conor 3 to try get Conor a win then build up to it.

Soldato
McGregor deserved everything he got and more tbh, if you give it, be prepared to take it as well.

Dana White will be the most pleased tonight though, he'll probably use this to promote the rematch.

Soldato
As someone who is relatively new to UFC can someone explain why McGregor is lauded like he is? Seems to have zero ground game and his punches don't seem to have that much of an impact.

Seems to someone from the outside like he's the top of the bill because of one thing...his mouth. It's clear they are creating rivalries for rematches etc...neither of these will be getting banned from UFC as it takes the rematch out but really something needs to happen. It's turning into a circus everytime McGregor fights.

Soldato
As someone who is relatively new to UFC can someone explain why McGregor is lauded like he is? Seems to have zero ground game and his punches don't seem to have that much of an impact.

Seems to someone from the outside like he's the top of the bill because of one thing...his mouth. It's clear they are creating rivalries for rematches etc...neither of these will be getting banned from UFC as it takes the rematch out but really something needs to happen. It's turning into a circus everytime McGregor fights.

Empty vessels make the most noise.

Soldato

Because generally he's backed up his mouth by embarrassing some very well respected fighters.

The circus is exactly what the public tune in to see and the promotions want to bring MMA into the public arena and not still be viewed as 'a bunch of psychos cage fighting'. They exist to make money and they make more from the circus than a couple of boring respectful blokes shaking hands at the weigh in.

Where they've failed tonight is demonstrating they don't know how to keep a lid on it when they've let the circus grow this big

Back
Top Bottom