First time PC build case advice please.

Associate
I think I posted this in wrong section, so reposted here.

Hi,
At the grand age of 65, retired and with time on my hands, I am going to attempt my first PC build.
It seems to me that one of the most important things to get right is the case. I want a mid tower with two external drive bays. Nothing out of the ordinary going inside, ATX mb, liquid cooled core i7,
M2 SSD, , 2 X HDD and probably a gtx 1060.
The case needs to be decent quality, and easy to work with, ie plenty of room and decent cabling options. It should also have good airflow and fan options.
I would appreciate any recommendations from people who have been there.
I stress, most important is easy to work with.

I should add, I am not interested in flashy LEDs etc, except for front fans.

Many thanks.

Associate
I'd go with the zalman z9 it's a great cheap case easy to work with and still have external drives.. but if you don't really need the external drives I'd definitely go for the Corsair Carbide 275r great case for around £60, has 4x ssd and 2x hdd

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I am prepared to pay up to, or a little over £100 for the right case. I think it is very important to get the case right before I consider what is going in it.
I am constrained by size though. Where I use my pc I am limited to 460mm depth and 220mm width. I currently have a Corsair Carbide 300 which is 480mm deep and sticks out the back of my desk, so slightly deeper can be done, depending on where the feet are.
I spent the whole day Googling yesterday and have come up with a short list: Cooler Master CM590iii would be a perfect fit. I prefer the CM Master Box 5, but at 20cm longer than my Carbide 300, I doubt it would fit. Same with the Corsair Obsidian 450. Zalman Z9 is even deeper, plus it doesn't really float my boat. I could have course get another Carbide 300, but ideally I would like something different.

Associate
OP
No, that just wouldn't work, but I have figured out how to accommodate a slightly longer case, so at the moment the CM Masterbox 5 is at the top of my list.

Back
Top Bottom