• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core 9000 series

Associate
I don't understand the UK pricing. It's $488in the US that's £373 add in 20% VAT that's £447. I'm now seriously reconsidering my options. I was looking at Max £500. This is shocking pricing.

Associate
Yeah that sucks about UK prices. Not sure what international shipping comes to, but B&H still has the cheapest legit price in the US for the 9900K at $529. That's like a bit over £400 just on a straight currency conversion, before any shipping or taxes. Probably like £500ish after VAT and shipping?
£508 to be exact, B&H do the conversion on taxes for you on that site.

Soldato
OP
Meh i've been buggering about waiting for these for six months now. £100 more than I was expecting but sod it, if I don't pre-order will have to wait ages for them to get extra stock in.

"Thank you for your order with Overclockers UK!

We have sent you the order confirmation by email."

You're welcome. I feel dirty.

Gloat when you see them rise up by £100 next month :)

Last edited:
Associate
SO... around £200-250 for a decent board
then £600 for the cpu
then £150 for the RAM if you want to skimp on something

£1000... mega lolz....

think i'll struggle along on me xeon for now. ta very much.

Associate
Some people on the continent are posting about pricing in the region of 550 Euros, that's under £500 including VAT, surely the £600 UK pricing can't stay at that level if European suppliers are able to sell at that level.

Soldato
Meh i've been buggering about waiting for these for six months now. £100 more than I was expecting but sod it, if I don't pre-order will have to wait ages for them to get extra stock in.

"Thank you for your order with Overclockers UK!

We have sent you the order confirmation by email."

You're welcome. I feel dirty.
wheres the link?

Associate
I don't understand the UK pricing. It's $488in the US that's £373 add in 20% VAT that's £447. I'm now seriously reconsidering my options. I was looking at Max £500. This is shocking pricing.

It's because nobody in the US is selling it for $488. The cheapest is B&H at $529. Someone above did the math on that and you can get a 9900K from B&H for £508 shipped including VAT if you order from there. That's probably the best you'll find until sometime after the actual street date.

Also, I think the $488 is probably the volume price charged for trays of 1000 or more CPU's. Actual MSRP for a single CPU is almost always higher.

Back
Top Bottom