• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Associate
Try using an Afterburner profile to lock the clocks at the lowest they'll go you can use for idle.

Had to do that on my old 290 as it kept crashing at idle on the desktop, when just browsing etc..., but was solid as a rock under load (gaming), i found when just opening programs, like ff etc..., the clocks would go ape, randomly spiking and dropping, sometimes massively, so figured it may be when it does a random massive spike or drop, it just can't handle it, so crashes, so i made an idle profile to lock the clocks with Afterbruner, and it never happened again.

that used to work on my old 380X. On the vega 56 I'm setting some states as Minimum for both core and memory so that they don't drop to idle levels, but the crash keeps coming at completely random moments, and never during intense gaming... I'm discussing with OCUK staff to see if they can test the card but that would leave me without a usable PC for some time

Soldato
This card is good.

I've undervolted to 1v (1000), stock fan settings, core at 1550 (stock OC) and ram at 950 (stock volts).

Just hit 23572 in 3dmark and stable.

Overlay shows power down at 193-221w.

I'm happy, after the earlier mishap!

Edit: watts are lower than expected, isn't stock like 300?

I haven't overclocked the core as I don't want high watt/heat.

Don't forget to activate iChill when gaming. It's a gamechanger for power draw.

Caporegime
that used to work on my old 380X. On the vega 56 I'm setting some states as Minimum for both core and memory so that they don't drop to idle levels, but the crash keeps coming at completely random moments, and never during intense gaming... I'm discussing with OCUK staff to see if they can test the card but that would leave me without a usable PC for some time

Yeah could be faulty :(

Associate
there are 2 little switches on the top of the card. The one in the middle is for LEDs, the one closer to video output is for BIOS. If you change the BIOS one to be closer to video outputs it's Silent mode.
But even on OC mode it shouldn't be loud, check temperatures and case airflow first.

Soldato
intake 2x 140mm exhaust 2x 120mm on aio (case Game Max Silent Black Gaming Case)

Silent Wings 3 140mm PWM Fan x2
Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM Fan x2 on aio

plus the 120mm fan that was in the case when new as exhaust

Last edited:
Soldato
temps are 54c on core and 55c on hbm while gaming and overclocked it hits 68c max on both , are these temps good/normal while gaming ? .
as for the loudness of the fans they hit 65%
intake 2x 140mm exhaust 2x 120mm on aio (case Game Max Silent Black Gaming Case)

Silent Wings 3 140mm PWM Fan x2
Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM Fan x2 on aio

plus the 120mm fan that was in the case when new as exhaust
I think it is probably the case of the default profile has too low target temp (i.e. like 60C), so as long as the core temp is higher than 60C, the card will attempt to get as close to that as possible which lead to the fans spinning at much higher rpm.

May be if you just go into Wattman, and change/increase the target temp to 65C~70C, I think the fans will spin at lower rpm thus become much quieter.

Associate
i have a red dragon vega 56 normally it temps hover around 69c to 70c in games. overclocked the hbm to 945. in escape from tarkov my old gtx 1070 was averaging 60fps to 80fps at 1440p, now i get from 80fps to 120fps

Associate
Hello everyone, has anyone had issues with Vega 56 crashing at idle? I've just got a Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56.
Perfectly stable under load...

Try to disable the PCI EXPRESS save state for all power plans. I don't think this should be on when a card is OC'd.

96652d1471451560-change-power-plan-settings-windows-10-a-advanced_power_options.jpg

Associate
My red dragon arrives today! Whooooopa. Anybody here with decent OC for it? Case is a, well ventilated define R5 with 2x 120mm fans on the floor aiming at the card. 2 x 140mm fans on the front
i have the red dragon vaga 56, heard you can flash the bios to a vaga 64. might have to give it a try, as the card has a bios switch for two biosis, so if it goes wrong you can switch to the other bios,

Permabanned

What is it with you and dodgy clickbait channels? A short time before we got confirmed data regarding Turing he did one of those clickbait videos where he's shouting from the roof tops saying "I did it, I've got an impecible source who's given me the scoop on the upcoming 1100 series graphic's cards from Nvidia", He's basically a big fat liar who's building a following by making stuff up, which then gets lost never to be found again, He's clearly working from The WCCFTech rules of engagement book. :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBbyACygmAs&t=0s

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom