Virgin iPhone user

Soldato
Ive moved to iPhone. It’s as if something fell on my head & I had an epiphany... move to the dark side a voice said, so I found some shade away from Google’s stare & now I breath quality air.

A little perturbed by the capitalist surveillance of Google maybe Apple & DuckDuckGo is worth a shot.

Always being an Android user, lastly an S7e the iPhone is taking some getting used to... where’s the back button and why is cancel/back not at the bottom right where my thumb is. Where’s the curser so can edit words
Anyway, I’m very impressed with the iPhone 8 64 silver & glad I switched.
I thought the plus size was impractical & was bored of edge/oled & prefer a fingerprint unlock on the front with no notch.

The S7e could not spell either & typing was much slower, this iPhone mostly guesses my words even on a smaller keyboard.

Anyway, I think I’ve figured a lot of it out now bar apps as have no clue reg Apple apps.
I’m after a good camera app that has manual ISO, shutter etc & RAW.
Also a RAW image editor.
I don’t mind paying a bit as did on Android.

Thanks guys n gals

Soldato
Camera+ 2 (£2.99) and Photoshop Express (free) should take care of your needs there.

There is no back button as such - apps that need it will have their own one in the UI, like Chrome for example. Most iOS apps seem to be designed around not really requiring one. For a cursor to edit, just press and hold on the text and a magnifying bubble will appear - you can then move it in place around the letter you want and that's also how you get cooy/paste/select options.

I do agree that the iOS keyboard seems to be pretty good. I've had a few Android phones over the years and the stock Samsung keyboards as well as various others that I tried never seem to be quite as good as the default iOS keyboard for me.

Soldato
OP
Was just looking at Camera 2 today so nice to have it confirmed, thanks.
Used Snapseed on Android so will give that photoshop a try :)

It’s all so different.
Got the pebble working with selectable notifications too so winner.

Yes texting is loads quicker as it doesn’t keep replacing words with something completely different, it’s very intuitive.
Text bubble is taking some getting used to :D

Soldato
Snapseed is also on iOS and is what I use.

Had a S7E before as well and couldn't wait to go back to Apple's predictive text, just always been miles better in my experience

Back
Top Bottom