** TIME FOR A REVOLT WITH PHANTEKS **

OcUK Staff
Available for preorder today, we have the new Revolt Pro and Revolt X Power Supplies from Phanteks. These represent Phanteks first foray into the power supply market, and as you'd come to expect, both offer features not readily available elsewhere! Starting with the Revolt Pro, these units are capable of being combined with another power supply (any, not just Phanteks) in order to not only combine the power output, but improve the overall efficiency of the setup, and even provide a redundancy function should one of them fail. Available in 850W & 1000W flavours, they are Seasonic made with a 12 year warranty, achieve 80 Plus Gold certification and have a fully modular layout. Added to that is the fact they look very nice as far as power supplies go! Stock should be available in the next few weeks.

We also have the Revolt X in stock. The Revolt X are capable of powering a dual system, with connections for two motherboards included as standard. This is especially useful for the Evolv X if you're planning a dual system, or the Mini-XL Dual System, or in fact any case that accepts a dual motherboard configuration. Once again these are Seasonic made with a 12 year warranty, fully modular, and available in 1000W or 1200W variants with 80+ Platinum certification. We have very limited stock in now, with more due in 2 weeks.

Basically, if you're in the market for a new Power Supply, you could do much, much worse than these, especially considering the neat features that Phanteks have included.

Phanteks Revolt Pro 850W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Combo Supply @ £122.99 inc VAT

Supports dual PSU configuration, 80 Plus gold accredited, Made from high quality components and materials

Only £122.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Combo Supply @ £142.99 inc VAT

Supports dual PSU configuration, 80 Plus gold accredited, Made from high quality components and materials.

Only £142.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Phanteks Revolt X 1000W 80 Plus Platinum Modular Power Supply @ £214.99 inc VAT

Single PSU for dual motherboard systems, control each motherboard independently, manufactured from premium materials, 80 Plus Platinum certified

Only £214.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Phanteks Revolt X 1200W 80 Plus Platinum Modular Power Supply @ £234.95 inc VAT

Single PSU for dual motherboard systems, control each motherboard independently, manufactured from premium materials, 80 Plus Platinum certified.

Only £234.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Man of Honour
The prices are much better than I thought they would be. Only £123 for a fully modular, gold rated, Seasonic built 850w psu with a 12 year warranty is a very aggressive price. Only £143 for the 1000w is a bargain as well. They are both cheaper than the equivalent Focus Plus gold models too. Just need some reviews now although I reckon these will be cracking units.

Soldato
The prices are much better than I thought they would be.
Phanteks likely wants to make a proper splash to get market share and agressive pricing of high quality PSUs is good way for that.

And we certainly have enough of just OK good PSUs with highish pricing or total mediocrities sold with marketing.
So more of proper competition and pushing of quality/per price forward is welcome.
Everyone wins in that.
(competing makers and branders of too high priced for quality stuff don't matter)
Buyer gets better products.
And shop can buy&sell quality products in bigger volumes, which should help to keep price at selling level.

Can imagine for example Seasonic Focus Plus Golds having some major sales volumes.
Did I guess right, @ChugNorris?

Soldato
Looks nice.

Possibly a daft question... but why does every PSU manufacturer now seem to supply PCIe leads with 2 sets of connectors daisy chained at the end? Looks daft in a case with a glass side panel!

Soldato
Looks nice.

Possibly a daft question... but why does every PSU manufacturer now seem to supply PCIe leads with 2 sets of connectors daisy chained at the end? Looks daft in a case with a glass side panel!

Isn't their job to ensure you can connect up and power whatever you want?

Sata comes in a big string of them just in case the customer has a stack of drives. PCIe comes with the maximum number of connectors a card is expected to have.

Customising cabling to look pretty is another market.

Soldato
Hotwired.

Fair comments. Says the man with several SSD's in his main PC.

Daft question number 2... Thinking on my comment about the daisy chained connections of the PCIe leads (new idea since I last bought a power supply some 8 years ago by the look of it). Are these aimed at graphics cards with two power connectors on them? Only reason that I ask, is that I've always been lead to believe that it was best to use two different power leads for a graphics card.

As this new PSU appears to come with a 12 year warranty, I'll be interested to see a decent review / strip down. Wonder if they are more related to the PRIME, rather than FOCUS range of PSU's (as they appear to be made by Seasonic)?

Man of Honour
With regards to daisy chaining 2x pci-e plugs to one lead, one reason is that your average 650/750w psu has 4x pci-e plugs (although some do have more) usually split between two leads. This means that the psu can power a pair of cards that need 2x pci-e connectors and as they will be powering the same card it's not really any messier than using a pair of leads. The wires used in the cables should be of a suitable gauge to be able to take the power draw (Jonnyguru has been marking down psu's such as the EVGA G3 for only using 18AWG wires in their pci-e cables) so they are designed to be able to power cards this way. Personally I use a cable extension onto the end of one of my pci-e leads as it looks far neater when using a card that only requires a single pci-e lead.

As for Sata, that's the one thing I really hate about my BeQuiet Straightpower 11. They took the ridiculous decision to mix sata and molex cables on a pair of leads. One lead has a pair of molex and a pair of sata plugs and the other has 3x sata and a single molex. It's just ridiculous and they should have kept the different plugs on seperate leads. Whats the point in a fully modular psu that you have to use all of the leads anyway?

Like Hotwired said, there is a big market in custom cables and extension cables to make psu leads look nice. I use cable extensions (Phanteks at the moment but have used Bitfenix as well) to co-ordinate the cables with my colour scheme.

Soldato
Slight necro here. But rather than start another thread about these PSU's.

Still doesn't appear to be much (any really) info about these on the WEB (IE.would have thought we might have seen a proper review by now).

Also still wondering if these are more related to the PRIME, rather than the FOCUS range of PSU's by Seasonic? Looking at the 12 year warranty and the size of the chassis (IE. 170/86/150), I'm thinking it's based on the Prime series of Seasonic power supplies. If so, then these are a bargain price.

Anyone got any more info to enlighten me?

Thanks.

Associate
ordered the pro 850w based on 2 factors:
1. having dealt with phanteks customer service a numerous amount of times and they are one of the best when it comes to support. sent me multiple things at there cost from states to the uk no questions asked.
2. it is my understanding that the pro is based on the prime and not the focus range (cant recall where i read it though)
PSU installed and running without any issues at all.

Soldato
.... it is my understanding that the pro is based on the prime and not the focus range (cant recall where i read it though)...

There was one reviewer that made this assumption (mainly due to the dimensions of the PSU I seem to remember). But not confirmed as far as I can know. Don't think there have been any strip down reviews of these PSU's.

I went for a Seasonic Prime ultra titanium 850w in the end myself. Picked it up for a steal in a sale.

Soldato
These look very tasty, definitely agree that the pricing is solid given what's on offer.

That 12 year warranty must be the highest available on PSU's currently, surely?

I'd like to see some lower power units in the range, 550-750.

Associate
There was one reviewer that made this assumption (mainly due to the dimensions of the PSU I seem to remember). But not confirmed as far as I can know. Don't think there have been any strip down reviews of these PSU's.

I went for a Seasonic Prime ultra titanium 850w in the end myself. Picked it up for a steal in a sale.
you are correct, there hasn't. i normally do not order something without a review, but in this instance phanteks previous support themselves convinced me along with the possibility of it being the prime version. far outweighing the possibility of it not. either way cracking PSU for the price! and would fully recommend.

Soldato
12 year warranty :eek:

Mkay.

So when I see the fan has a
Life expectancy: 50,000 hours at 40°C

What happens when the obvious happens and the fan snuffs it well before 12 years. Are they set to to swap this PSU at least once in its lifetime then?

Associate
12 year warranty :eek:

Mkay.

So when I see the fan has a

What happens when the obvious happens and the fan snuffs it well before 12 years. Are they set to to swap this PSU at least once in its lifetime then?

12 Years =
105,189.84 Hours
now take into account that most psu's now have an ecco mode where the fans do not run until a certain condition is met, you can likely expect the fan to make the 12year mark.

Soldato
Basically a Seasonic unit, so should be top quality. The warranty is the same as on the Seasonic Prime Ultra PSU's (IE. 12 years).

Though there have been some issues with the fans on both the Prime and Focus units (GOOGLE is your friend here). But hey, look hard enough and you can always find some complaint about anything. No problems with the fan on mine. And if the hybrid fan mode on these units works the same as on mine (almost certainly will), then under normal operating conditions, the fan never seems to kick in anyway and when it does, it's super quiet.

Basically a good looking PSU for the money. Doubt if you would go wrong buying one.

Associate
REVOLT PRO 850W

Got mine around a week ago , and this weekend built my new pc as had the free time , just my luck the psu will not power up my PC , but psu does come on with a psu jumper ..and had a go in my other pc and it will not power it up too :(
but had a old psu sitting around and it does power up my new pc .......just my luck , will have to spend it back to overclockers , havw no idea why it not working :(

Associate
Shame Phanteks left some of us original Enthoo Mini XL customers in the dog house.

I have an Enthoo Mini XL, bought when it 1st came out, I have a very nice 1000w PSU.

What I cannot find anywhere is the Phanteks Mini XL ITX kit for my case, or the Phanteks add on board that allows one PSU to power two motherboards.

Phanteks reply seems to be buy a new Mini XL case and a Revolt X power supply.

So much for buying a future proof case.

Soldato
Shame Phanteks left some of us original Enthoo Mini XL customers in the dog house.

I have an Enthoo Mini XL, bought when it 1st came out, I have a very nice 1000w PSU.

What I cannot find anywhere is the Phanteks Mini XL ITX kit for my case, or the Phanteks add on board that allows one PSU to power two motherboards.

Phanteks reply seems to be buy a new Mini XL case and a Revolt X power supply.

So much for buying a future proof case.

If you can find the ITX Kit, i have a the PSU splitter spare.. be ware though takes a lot of room up with extra cables

Back
Top Bottom