Huel: The Future of Food ..

Soldato
I've tried berry a few times now. It's very gritty/powdery and doesn't taste great if you have it straight after mixing. You need to let it sit in the fridge for a few hours imo, unlike original where the taste and texture is fine straight after mixing.
It's sweeter than original, but it's not overpowering. It's a good addition I think.

Soldato
Yeah I'm on my second berry - it's OK but I wish i got 1 bag of Berry and another of Vanilla. It's not offensive and i find even in a blender with some ice it is still a bit gritty but it's pleasant enough

Soldato
I’ve been away a couple of days so had Huel in the morning in the shaker - the blender makes it so much better texture wise but the real killer has been Luke warm bottled water to mix it with!

I’ve found 2 scoops of unflavored with 1 scoop of vanilla plus some frozen fruit is the sweet spot for me - I will go as far as saying I enjoy it every morning and this is longest run of having breakfast every day in 20 years!

Soldato
OP
the blender makes it so much better texture wise but the real killer has been Luke warm bottled water to mix it with!

Totally! Everyone I know who's tried Huel and not liked it either weren't blending or weren't drinking it cold. Miss either and it verges on unpalatable.

Soldato
Yes, I wouldn't leave it in the fridge for days on end but I often make mine the night before to take into work as my first meal on day shifts or make it when I get up late afternoon and have it at work at 6am when I'm on nights.
Cheers! I’m a zombie in the morning so the less I have to do the better :D

Associate
Okay - I am thinking about giving this a go, but I'd only want to use it for breakfast and lunch (which are fairly routine bland meals for me) and then probably only for breakfast at weekends - is it worthwhile? Does it depend on what I want to get from it? Essentially, what I want is a quick and easy meal replacement, not too concerned about there being any additional benefits beyond that, but thought it worth checking if it would likely cause any digestion issues if used in such a way?

Thanks

Soldato
Okay - I am thinking about giving this a go, but I'd only want to use it for breakfast and lunch (which are fairly routine bland meals for me) and then probably only for breakfast at weekends - is it worthwhile? Does it depend on what I want to get from it? Essentially, what I want is a quick and easy meal replacement, not too concerned about there being any additional benefits beyond that, but thought it worth checking if it would likely cause any digestion issues if used in such a way?

Thanks

IMO digestive issues are less apparent when you already have and are used to a healthy amount of fibre in your diet. It's never really given me wind in the same way something like beans have (which nobody digests very well).

Your case use is what most people do; replace 1-2 meals with something that'll give you most of your RDAs for macros (protein/carbs/fats) and micros (vitamins/minerals) in a quick/easy-to-prepare way that's easy to track in terms of calories and just leaving dinner as the one solid food meal to prepare.

Soldato
I don't know what all the fuss is about. Just been having it in a shaker with cold water. Mixes just fine.

Reminds me of PHD Diet Whey with the flax seeds. Only tried Berry so far and its nice.

I never liked the standard shakers, but i had some of my old ones with the sprung metal ball in that acts like a whisk.

Back
Top Bottom