Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Can anyone who has had a bike stolen before tell me how long on average they waited for the insurance to pay out?, i have no idea how long i'm looking at here.

Soldato
Whats the story behind your crash again? can you still ride? or just decided enough of road riding?

Came off on diesel and smashed my right arm up. 3 nights in hospital and a good 6 months recovery (phsyio etc). I'm pretty much fine now, I notice my arm hurts some days. Decided I wouldn't get back out on the road again, my son was 6 months old at the time, I just don't need to put myself in harms way. But boy do I miss it! Doesn't help that I now have two sons and they are both bike mad!

Man of Honour
Came off on diesel and smashed my right arm up. 3 nights in hospital and a good 6 months recovery (phsyio etc). I'm pretty much fine now, I notice my arm hurts some days. Decided I wouldn't get back out on the road again, my son was 6 months old at the time, I just don't need to put myself in harms way. But boy do I miss it! Doesn't help that I now have two sons and they are both bike mad!

My dad gave up biking when I was born, which is such a shame as I would have loved to go on tours with him now that I'm into bikes.

I almost gave up when I had an accident and broke my leg (I too had a very young child at the time), but instead I'm now a lot more careful when I ride and I look forward to sharing the experience with the kids some day.

Soldato
Managed to get the insurance money for my stolen bike for the amount i asked for minus £150 excess.

Good job i phoned them today to ask how long it might take, they said they are waiting on me sending a pic of the v5c, they didn't notice it attached to the email i sent them two weeks ago, i could have been waiting forever for them to get back to me.

Glad it's sorted, now i just need to pass my test and go shopping for a new bike, think i'm going for a Honda CRF 250l rally, not interested in super powerful bikes/sports bikes, this should do me for the time being. :)

Soldato
Won some Motorcycle Live tickets. I've been before but during the weekend; it was packed.

Not been for a few years but I assume during the week is going to be better for me?

Soldato
MOTRAX Motorcycle Chain Breaker and Riveter/Riveting Tool/For 420-532 chains-Complete Kit https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0061V2LG8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_XcDUBb87R8VZE
I've used this to do four or five chains so far and it's been spot on.

Same as above, used it for years no problem, always remove with an angle grinder though, so can't comment on its ability to remove a chain :p

Thanks both. I actually forgot to check back in here, but was feeling flush so bought the DID tool.

For my garden-variety roller chain, I've been using Castrol racing lube. Is it still the best thing for my new x-ring chain?

Back
Top Bottom