Assetto Corsa Competizione

Soldato
I got a bad feeling about the VR. I hopes they've done the leg work required before they release it and that nagging fear I have is completely unfounded. Might be nothing, just that AC in VR is so great, I fear CZ might not make the same grade, initially at least.

Associate
I got a bad feeling about the VR. I hopes they've done the leg work required before they release it and that nagging fear I have is completely unfounded. Might be nothing, just that AC in VR is so great, I fear CZ might not make the same grade, initially at least.

yep ive got a feeling it will be poor at first too.

Soldato
I dont even have VR , feel like I'm losing out maybe

Would rather spend the money on a good hand brake to go along with my T500 steering wheel.

Also waiting to see if the price drops a bit more as well.

Started using my 49" Samsung Smart TV a while back for driving games it really makes a big difference even though its 1080p HD/60Hz.

I would rather try VR at first before l bought it.

Soldato
Would rather spend the money on a good hand brake to go along with my T500 steering wheel.

Started using my 49" Samsung Smart TV a while back for driving games it really makes a big difference even though its 1080p HD/60Hz.

Yeah I would be up for trying it first, but there is nowhere around here to do that

Anyone know what time the update goes live ?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
LOL at the motion sickness on a racing game. Try online combat in Warthunder for something that will almost certainly make you want to say hi to God on the great white telephone.

Associate
Just to say about the motion sickness thing. Having had VR for over a year now. Motion sickness can vary person to person but you can get rid of it altogether by prolonged use over time. The key is to never push yourself. Im not a hardcore sim nut and i do still use the monitor. But its always better with VR. Im going to go purchase now since i was waiting for the VR support!!

Soldato

What price to drop more? The game, if so was already available for fourteen-ish quid a couple of weeks ago.

Soldato
I think he's talking about the hmd(vr)

Oddly enough any type of motion sickness in racing games has never effected me. The experience is little or no different to jumping in to the seat of a real motor and driving forward. Reversing can leave you stomach behind though:)

Ill leave it an hour before I hit buy, see if anybody is moaning about the release first.

Soldato
You might need to faf about with the launch properties, -vr normally does the trick if they've not set a automatic launch selection.

Not an expert, but I did get ETS2 working:o

Soldato
The steam forum seems to be suggesting disable game theatre and add -vr to launch options - also if you restart steam (which you must) you get a dialog box on startup

Not so clear if the VR is any good though, there's a thread already moaning. The white knights are currently winning I think, please post if you get it working.... I need the truth!!

Soldato
Didn’t need -vr but disabling the theatre worked.

VR is okay, not brilliant. I’m sure it will get better, plenty of options to dial in to get your sweet spot. My system seemed to run fine with a full grid.

Back
Top Bottom