• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why do all the 3rd party 2080/2080Ti cards look ridiculous?

Associate
Thats not what niche means.

Well I'm bored waiting for a response. Irrespective of what you think niche is defined as, I think you'll find that if something is a thing, then it is a thing. The vast majority of aftermarket GFX cards are designed to look good. They are not purely utilitarian, plenty of people on here don't care one way or the other what the card looks like and I respect that. But obviously a significant part of the market does, and I don't think it is an invalid position to state that the current generation of cards leave a lot to be desired on that front.

Associate
I’m with the OP. A lot of designs are angular and messy. The Nvidia designs look like they have actually spent a bit of time on the aesthetic look of the card and have created a contemporary clean lined look.

AIB makers seem still stuck in angular, messy coverings.

I understand you need fins and coolers , but it just seems so botched on.

And as above people do take into consideration how it looks. People do want to think that when they look at a product , that product looks like someone has put some care and thought into it to make it a quality product.

Caporegime
Well I'm bored waiting for a response. Irrespective of what you think niche is defined as, I think you'll find that if something is a thing, then it is a thing. The vast majority of aftermarket GFX cards are designed to look good. They are not purely utilitarian, plenty of people on here don't care one way or the other what the card looks like and I respect that. But obviously a significant part of the market does, and I don't think it is an invalid position to state that the current generation of cards leave a lot to be desired on that front.
Not sure where you are trying to get at with this but clearly some do care what it looks like and some don't. I am in the latter choice and you are in the former. Not a biggie.

Soldato
And yet the overwhelming empirical evidence is that the market does care, otherwise all parts would look like they did in the 1990s.

Yay for beige! Lets start a campaign to bring back the beige. Beige case, beige keyboards, beige cards... no-one cares about aesthetics, its the just the components that matter, right?

Associate
i think the FE looks decent, very tempted to get one if i take the Mrs to vegas next year. Works out a few hundred cheaper with the exchange rate

Soldato
Suppose you have to factor in resale.

I am saddened that with have yet to see a KFA2 budget 20 series design worthy of taking the mantle from the infamous 1080 clown.

V F

V F

Soldato
Yay for beige! Lets start a campaign to bring back the beige. Beige case, beige keyboards, beige cards... no-one cares about aesthetics, its the just the components that matter, right?

Remember how grotty beige became from sunlight into the room over time?

Soldato
its a niche thing.

Top-end graphics is a niche market, not sure there’s a point there fella.

Anyway, I agree, if I were spending that much on a card I’d expect it to be gorgeous and made beautifully.

I haven’t seen a single card that I like the aesthetic of, except the FE which looks fantastic imo.

Last edited:
Associate
Its because Nvidia upstaged every design team out there in both looks and performance. The cooler is amazing and sexy as hell. The only way they can try to get an edge over Nvidia is three slot designs with all kinds of flair.

Soldato
I reckon NV have given AIBs very little margin, so they’ve had to cheap out on materials, and given the size of the chip, most of the budget went on the amount of metal required to get good temps.

If I were to pick any I’d get the MSI, and I still think it looks like it was styled by the mind behind Power Rangers!

Do you actually spend more time looking at the card than playing the games?

I spend most of my time inside my car, but I wouldn’t want to drive it around with rainbow chunder lighting looking like a cheap Transformer knock off.

Back
Top Bottom