• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
OcUK Staff
Hi there

OK this may not seem important to many here, but having come from an iPhone 6 with no optical zoom, the camera quality improvement is incredible, you will have to excuse how dirty the car is as its not had a wash for over a month, but still:

Without zoom:

jag3.jpg

Using optical zoom:

jag4.jpg

The improved quality and just how it seems to pick up similar shades and the optical zoom really keeps the clarity.

Also the colours just seem more natural, much closer to life, really impressed. :)

Soldato
Thin
Hi there

OK this may not seem important to many here, but having come from an iPhone 6 with no optical zoom, the camera quality improvement is incredible, you will have to excuse how dirty the car is as its not had a wash for over a month, but still:

Without zoom:

jag3.jpg

Using optical zoom:

jag4.jpg

The improved quality and just how it seems to pick up similar shades and the optical zoom really keeps the clarity.

Also the colours just seem more natural, much closer to life, really impressed. :)

Think we spending too much money at OCUK lol

Soldato
Portrait mode is pretty cool, in Jamaica just now so got a few good shots of my son with it.

Is there a way to swipe up an app and kill it rather than swipe up to hide then again to kill?

Man of Honour
The only thing I don’t like about this phone is the poor reception. Was hoping it could be a firmware thing but think it’s a hardware issue now
I'm wondering if it's an iOS 12 thing, I have an X so a year old now and recently I've had a lot of dropped called. It'll come up on the screen and just say call failure and it'll show 1 bar or no bars, then straight away it goes back to 4 bars of 4g.

Associate
This phone is amazing. The transition to gestures has been such a seamless experience.

Really happy with the quality of the camera as well.

Associate
So sending my second Xs max back due to build issues, using an iPhone se at the moment oh my what a difference lol. Hopefully third time lucky!

Soldato
I'm wondering if it's an iOS 12 thing, I have an X so a year old now and recently I've had a lot of dropped called. It'll come up on the screen and just say call failure and it'll show 1 bar or no bars, then straight away it goes back to 4 bars of 4g.

What network are you on?

Do you see the phone switch to 3G for voice calls?

It’s entirely possible that if your network doesn’t support VoLTE, it’s switching you back to 3G for voice calls (CSFB). Which sounds great until you find yourself in an area where you have good 4G service, but poor 3G service.

Associate
What build issues?

First one had small gaps around the screen, rough edges around the thin plastic bezel and a tiny gap between the bottom and steel band I could fit the edge of a piece of paper in.

Second one has a rough edge all down one side at the back where the glass doesn’t line up with the band. Sending that back Tuesday and will try my luck a third time.

Back
Top Bottom