How do you listen your gaming audio?

Caporegime
Do you just use the telly speaker, dedicated speakers or are you a headset gamer?

I have just bought a new monitor that is speakerless. I am currently using a pair of sennheisers plugged into the pad (PS4), but am getting a bit fed up of the weight, wire and roasting ears lol.

Don’t know whether to try a wireless headset or see if I can get some decent USB speakers to plug into the console. Any advice?

Soldato
I have Logitec 540 5.1 surround sound for daytime gaming and when I need some bass running off a dedicated sound card. I've got some Razer Kraken Chomas for evening and night time gaming when I don't want to wake up the kids and wife

Caporegime
I have a big 5.1 sound system for single player games (for the 'atmosphere' :p), but always a headset for MP so I can hear footsteps clearly and all that. Depends what you play I'd say, but there's no way I could play MP games without a headset so if I'm faced with buying one or the other, then I'd go with that. I use Logitech G430 which gets the job done.

Caporegime
OP
I have a big 5.1 sound system for single player games (for the 'atmosphere' :p), but always a headset for MP so I can hear footsteps clearly and all that. Depends what you play I'd say, but there's no way I could play MP games without a headset so if I'm faced with buying one or the other, then I'd go with that. I use Logitech G430 which gets the job done.
I like the atmosphere too for single players like TR and RDR2, but I can’t have a surround sound system where I am. I was kind of thinking the headset would be good for atmosphere. Some are 7.1 now, well, claim to be anyway, how it works in practice is a different story altogether.

Soldato
I use over-ear headphones plugged into PS4/Xbox conroller. Cost about £25. Not that bothered about having wireless. It's more immersive than speakers. The one that always gets me is rain in a game as you can just hear rain all around you.

Associate
General gaming - through the TV (LG c7 55" OLED). It has down firing speakers designed by Harman Kardon (not a touch on what they installed in my BMW) but better than most normal TV speakers. If competitive/FPS gaming then I use my Plantronics RIG 800LX.

Shawrey

Caporegime
single player - tv speakers is enough
multiplayer - astro mixamp with either sennheiser HD558's, akg Q701's or beyerdynamic dt770's. i also have sennheiser hd700's which are supposed to be amazing for gaming but yet to try them for that.

the best are the Q701's but it's hard to get a decent separate mic. i have the antlion modmic but everyone says it sounds crap on the ps4. so i switched to a sennheiser all in one solution now when i'm gaming with friends.

Soldato
An old Marantz amp, back when they were still made in Japan, and a pair of Avance Omega 503's.

For PS4 Pro i just use my monitor's built-in speakers, they're pretty decent.

Back
Top Bottom