Windows 10

Soldato
I received that update as well on my 1809 and it’s good so far

Not done my laptop yet, too busy doing other things, but yes some people will get problems which is usual. I remember recommending SP3 for WinXP , it installed fine on my PC back then, however a friend tried it did on her PC and it messed it up big time, to be honest there will always be some users out there that will have issues, impossible to have 100% smooth updates world wide, bit of pot luck sometimes. I do agree Microsoft should do more testing rather then rushing out updates ASAP. They should keep update disruptions to a minimum, but what is minimum nowadays?

All you can do is have all your important stuff backed up at all times like I do and latest copy of your OS ready on USB etc like I have for fresh install if ever needed.

Soldato
dont worry guys. athlon XP will come here and tell us how to install/upgrade properly :D

by the way where is he? he havent post here for a while.....not surprisingly

Soldato
dont worry guys. athlon XP will come here and tell us how to install/upgrade properly :D

by the way where is he? he havent post here for a while.....not surprisingly

giphy.gif
I am still here!

Man of Honour
Well that was fun - needed to "quickly" throw Visual Studio on one of my tablets for something... only Windows 10 decides to launch a cumulative update at the same time meaning they were fighting each other for resources making everything take way long than it should :s so in the end I ended up lugging out my older Windows 7 laptop that had it on already.

I'm sorry but does no one at MS actually use the retail version of Windows 10 in the real world?

Soldato
Apparently the initial 1809 was only an issue if you had moved the default location of system files like documents or downloads by redirecting windows. If you have a standard installation there shouldn't have been an issue.

Soldato
Screen just went black for a few seconds and thought my display driver had crashed but nope, it's just windows update re-installing the version I already had installed previously. Genius. :rolleyes:

edit: of course the irony of this is that I'm choosing to use drivers from windows update as the latest ones from AMD completely break video/TV playback and at least these actually work (so far... :p)

Soldato
Apparently the initial 1809 was only an issue if you had moved the default location of system files like documents or downloads by redirecting windows. If you have a standard installation there shouldn't have been an issue.
I have my documents, downloads and pictures redirected to my D: drive and don't seem to have lost anything.

Associate
I have my documents, downloads and pictures redirected to my D: drive and don't seem to have lost anything.

What do you mean 'redirected'? Why not just create folders on D: called 'Documents', 'Downloads' and 'Pictures and then add those to Quick Access or create shortcuts to them on the Taskbar/Desktop? I have all user data like this on D: too and haven't even been in my C:\Users\<Username> folder.

Redirecting sounds like what we used to do when we had a proper Start Menu, so that the links to User Folders went elsewhere.

Soldato
I also have my personal files (documents, pictures, etc) on the D: drive. So when it comes to installing 1809, I will probably be slightly worried - but I'll be making a backup beforehand, especially now I know that I may have a problem.

Is the updated and fixed 1809 released yet, or is it still only available on the insider ring?

Back
Top Bottom