The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Caporegime
It's strange that it is Sony who makes it all work, rather than updates from the adaptor makers. Does that mean Sony has either locked it out until now and saw the Canon/Nikon Adaptors works better so they thought they must do something to improve the ones on their mount even if it is made by a 3rd party?

Or it's just co-incidence.
Not sure. Could be or could just be only Sony could get them to work. Whichever way it's good news for anybody swapping systems or want to use Nikon or canon glass.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I'd be a little bit careful with the 2.0 update on the A7 III, as I kicked mine off last night and it failed with the Sandisk 128GB card in the camera. So I swapped it out for a 64GB one and the update worked fine that was after stressing for a bit.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Mine just wouldn't update with the 128GB card in the camera, as I tried it a good 4/5 times and on different computers.

Soldato
31390051728_1ce3a1037b_z.jpg

Been after this for weeks, very little UK stock except for SRS and the usual grey import sites. Even B&H in New York have no stock. I was sort of locked into Wex as they gave me an excellent P/ex value on a lens I didn't want so I had a big credit with them. Suddenly popped up yesterday as "opened box used", saved nearly £200 from the new price.

Caporegime
Nice. Ordered my 24 mm from wex. Will be here tomorrow. Everywhere has stock except park cameras who still won't for two more weeks grrr

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice. Order my 24 mm from wex. Will be here tomorrow.
That's a good lens, you'll enjoy it. I only ever go for free standard delivery from Wex and it's usually arrived next day, very efficient bunch as well as offering the best p/ex value. They beat Park Cameras by £210 on my Sony 16-35 F4!

Caporegime
Nice. Ordered my 24 mm from wex. Will be here tomorrow. Everywhere has stock except park cameras who still won't for two more weeks grrr

I haven't test this lens's optical performance so that will have to wait but first impressions are that this lens is small, so so small. 85/1.8 FE small. To the point I think where has all my money gone to and I have been ripped off.

The size of it is the same as the Canon height wise, even the hood is the same but they chopped it off half way. Inside the hood is soft felt fabric, it clicks and locks like most of the new hoods do. Comes in a nice case too.

5ZKTbRh.jpg

abfjZKV.jpg

6eCaUVP.jpg

Soldato
The A7III turned up today and immediate thoughts are its tiny compared to my old 5DmkII but tech wise light years ahead. Also agree trying to update the firmware via a Mac was impossible and I gave up, luckily I have an arcade machine in the house that runs off Windows so was able to hook it up to that an the whole process was done in a matter of mins.

Soldato
The A7III turned up today and immediate thoughts are its tiny compared to my old 5DmkII but tech wise light years ahead. Also agree trying to update the firmware via a Mac was impossible and I gave up, luckily I have an arcade machine in the house that runs off Windows so was able to hook it up to that an the whole process was done in a matter of mins.
Its mac being mac and locking down software

Soldato
I noticed how small but still quite weighty the a7iii is, not a bad thing at all. I haven't bothered updating mine as i only have the Tamron 28-75 at the moment, i don't have any GM lenses so will hold off.

Caporegime
How's my lens doing? ;)

Back
Top Bottom