Am I very wasteful with my money or is it the norm these days

Soldato
eat out twice a month etc.
Twice a month is double or quadruple my frequency these days :eek: (it used to always be on tesco vouchers too :p
)
Similar to me I save most my salary even as wages have significantly increased since graduating four years ago.

I've actually gone the otherway and think I need to spend more now my house has been done up... But think I my plonk it on an even bigger house/whopping mortgage.

Last edited:

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I'm earning the most I ever have in my life but also seem to keep having more and more to pay off on my credit cards.

Probably because I've taken about 6 holidays this year, including a very expensive trip to Las Vegas, bought my girlfriend a £500 phone, will be buying a £500 phone for myself next month, and spend too much money on Uber, as well as buying food when I should be cooking.

Luckily I opened a help to buy ISA a few years ago so in about a years time will look to buy a place with my girlfriend as Im also throwing money away renting. Will have to be outside of London off course, hopefully with a decent commute to central London where we both work.

Caporegime
I'm earning the most I ever have in my life but also seem to keep having more and more to pay off on my credit cards.

Probably because I've taken about 6 holidays this year, including a very expensive trip to Las Vegas, bought my girlfriend a £500 phone, will be buying a £500 phone for myself next month, and spend too much money on Uber, as well as buying food when I should be cooking.

Luckily I opened a help to buy ISA a few years ago so in about a years time will look to buy a place with my girlfriend as Im also throwing money away renting. Will have to be outside of London off course, hopefully with a decent commute to central London where we both work.

What do you do ?

Associate
so is 500ml of coconut water per day good or bad? coupled with say 2-3 litres of water intake.
i.e. inconsequential. It is just sugary water with a high amount of potassium, probably healthier than a sugary coke. I don't think it is a miracle food. in the presence of normal heart and kidney function I'm sure that amount of water and potassium is fine.
The most important thing for dietary health is eating a **** lot of vegetables and of good variety.

This is one of the best points made in this thread. Living like that is what I think enabled be to buy my first house at 22, and why I save a lot of money today.

My regular expenses haven't really increased since I got my first job (although I do make the occasional large purchase) and I was well on my way to retiring early and comfortably before my two kids came along and ruined those plans :p

I'm still very tight fisted and look to get a good deal when buying things. For example I still have a TV from 2008, still only buy video games months after release when they are at least 50% off the release price, don't buy the Pro/X versions of consoles, have a 3 year old mid-range smart phone, never buy new vehicles, eat out twice a month etc.

Impressive, when are you hoping to retire? I'm a bit under 30 and thinking full time training for 8 more years (**** my life) 5-7 more full time and then maybe part time or locum jobs. I'm starting to think part time may suit me better than full FI retirement in my 40's

Back
Top Bottom