GM- Same thread new OP

Soldato
okay so its established the Game Max is not a good unit, so now im back to cheap options for a unit to power my athlon build onces i manage to to get ryzen working.

i have seen what looks like a brand new Akasa Venom Power 850w gold unit on FB for £25, im waiting to hear back if its still going, a quick read up on techpowerup suggests its not the best gold rated unit, but still a pretty good one, would it actually be worth a punt??

next when i look on the zon i see the evga 500w 80 plus(white labels) for £30-45ish, i know evga are usually good and these units are considered the low end, but would one be reliable enough for my system??

i need a decent psu to power my athlon build(2 drives not 3) with the 660 once i put it in my aerocool cs-102 case ready to sell and with such i dont want to pay over the odds for my likely returns.

Last edited:
Caporegime
No.

Also its called a 500W but it provides the same wattage as a decent 400W according to its specs. I'd maybe use it in a system that pulls 200W or less so its never stressed, like a web browsing PC, but I wouldn't want to strain one.

Soldato
OP
ha okay then thanks for replies.

it was just included in the price, so could make a few quid off it, as it stands my athlon system at a rough guess pulls under 300w, but above 260w which is why i thought it be okay, i know my cx450 pulls just under its 450 rating and this game max pulls 408w, but i figured it be decent. good job i havent swapped anything over and that GM just in the case alone then ha.

i did think of fitting it in my AM1 build as my corsair is just wasted on that system, but i dont want get rid of the corsair.

Back
Top Bottom