SECRETLABS TITAN OR NOBLECHAIRS HERO?

Associate
Yes, the Titan does use a softer foam hence it is softer (more yielding), but as I said in the review I feel as though the softer foam offers less support to your posture. It may feel nicer, but if you have issues with chronic back pain like me then I'd take posture over padding. I found the Noblechair hard to begin with, but it does feel like it has broken in (or I've gotten used to it).

Nope you cannot feel the Noblechair's metal bobble at all. Its quilted into the outer material so you hardly make contact with it at all.

I wouldn't ditch the pillow on either chair to be honest. Both have soft headrests, but I think the frame for both chairs has been designed to make using a pillow more comfortable. Basically the headrest slopes back, and without a pillow I find myself looking at the ceiling, rather than looking forward (same for both chairs). I think this is because with other popular gaming chairs the pillow feels softer than the headrest, but ends up pushing your neck too far forward and then you're looking at your feet.

As I said in the review the Secretlab pillow is much nicer than the Noblechair one. Hence my girlfriend has since purchase modified the Noblechair pillows by swapping the stuffing which is a horrible polyester dandruff fluff for a identically shaped cold injection memory foam pillow, there are plenty of replacement head pillow options available from a popular rain forest website for a few pounds.... Now its perfect
I do have severe back problems and leg issues. I'm just going by reviews. Soft sounds more comfortable. People with the Titan complain its hard, but Noblechairs say it's like a park bench wrapped in leather. Coming from a cheaper old office chair, it might be a drastic change. That's when I lean toward Titan. Softer pillow, armrests, seat and back. What worries me about the Titan is every video I see the seat has fold over indents in the seat and back. I dont like that. Not sure it's an issue though. I also like the 165 degree advantage. The Hero is easily more beautiful and stylish. I cant afford the real leather, but I love the white stitching over black on the PU. Looks real nice. I also like the short gas lift option. Although, like you said, if it's the same parts, the Noblechairs gas lift should work. Also could always just order the Secret labs neck pillow for the Hero. I drive myself crazy going back and forth. I'm just a very cautious person. It's a big purchase for me and the return costs are big. Besides the hassle of it. I'm sure I'll decide eventually. Thanks for answering all my questions and your input. I'll listen to it all day. Lol

Associate
Does anyone know what the green/white bands/straps are on the bottom of some gaming chairs? Does it provide more support or comfort? I've noticed the Titan has one, Icon has one, Hero has none and I saw a Cougar Armor with 3, which is supposed to be a very comfortable chair. Anyone know?

Associate
I have serious decision issues. One day I want Titan, next day Hero, next day Icon. I need help! Lol

Haha dude, you sound exactly like me! I'm (or was) in the same boat as you, that's the reason I found this topic and created an account here to respond :)
Only actually I recently made up my decision, for me it will be the Noblechairs Hero based on the following reasons:
- Availability in my country
- Customer service (seems not that good for SecretLabs what I read)
- After sales (Noblechairs comes with some extra products like the a shorter gas lift, better for replacements in the future as well I guess)
- Aesthetics, although I like them both as they don't yell "Gaming chair" (what I prefer). I found the subtle logo's of the Hero compared to the bigger Titan logo's more to my taste
- Noblechairs offers a footrest, which i'm also fancy off and maybe want in the future. And of course you could get this footrest for the Titan, but they don't match that well (and i'm quite neurotic in that way :p)

My only real concern was the firmness everybody speaks about. Now I've been doing tons of research and it seems for the Epic series this is a real problem. For the Hero series it seems it feels firm when it arrives but after it breaks in, it is really comfy.

So you might think reading this, I've ordered my Hero... Not really. I'm still in debate between PU Leather or Real leather. My girlfriend tells me to pick the PU leather (of course because it's cheaper :p) and that she don't want to share with the extra (€ 280,00) for Real leather. I do agree that the difference between € 420,00 for the PU vs the € 700 for Real leather is large. But is is worth it?

I really need someone to convince me to choose one or the other (besides my girlfriend, who don't know a lot about it :)).
Anyone think the € 280,00 from my own pocket is worth the extra money to pick the Real Leather version?

Associate
I'm glad to hear it's not just me. Lol They both should have a better return policy for the very reason that you cannot try them out first. I also worry about the firmness of the Hero. I hear its softer than the Epic, but harder than the Icon. Some say the chairs break in and others say they dont. I definitely prefer the look of the Noblechairs better than the Titan. I also would like a footrest. Matching would be preferable. I really like the block with platinum white stitching. However, I also hear the the Titan is softer, but still firm. The neck pillow, armrest, seat cushion. I do like the shorter gas lift on the Hero, but the part should also work for the Titan, although I cannot get confirmation. My height of 5'10 is a concern, because the Titan sits higher. I even thought about making a Frankenstein chair of a Hero with Titan neck pillow and Titan arm rests. Those items I know definitely fit. What also worries me about the Titan is the seat indents and folds I see on almost every video and picture. I do like that the Titan reclines a little further also. I also like the Icon because it just looks so nice and simple, but I really want the adjustable lumbar. As far as real leather vs. PU. If you really have the money to burn, go leather, but only because it is supposed to last longer. It is not any softer or have a different feel from the PU. Again, that's what I hear. Decisions, decisions. Lol

Associate
I'm glad to hear it's not just me. Lol They both should have a better return policy for the very reason that you cannot try them out first. I also worry about the firmness of the Hero. I hear its softer than the Epic, but harder than the Icon. Some say the chairs break in and others say they dont. I definitely prefer the look of the Noblechairs better than the Titan. I also would like a footrest. Matching would be preferable. I really like the block with platinum white stitching. However, I also hear the the Titan is softer, but still firm. The neck pillow, armrest, seat cushion. I do like the shorter gas lift on the Hero, but the part should also work for the Titan, although I cannot get confirmation. My height of 5'10 is a concern, because the Titan sits higher. I even thought about making a Frankenstein chair of a Hero with Titan neck pillow and Titan arm rests. Those items I know definitely fit. What also worries me about the Titan is the seat indents and folds I see on almost every video and picture. I do like that the Titan reclines a little further also. I also like the Icon because it just looks so nice and simple, but I really want the adjustable lumbar. As far as real leather vs. PU. If you really have the money to burn, go leather, but only because it is supposed to last longer. It is not any softer or have a different feel from the PU. Again, that's what I hear. Decisions, decisions. Lol

Haha :) I agree that trying them both would be ideal, but not possible without the hassle.
I'm slightly larger than you, 6'0 but i'm quite muscular (bodybuilding) so I think the Hero should be right for me. For me the lumbar support (mechanism, not a pillow) is a must and the reason why I want to go for a "Gaming chair" now. So the Icon is a 'no no' for me.

One of the other reasons for real leather for me was the sweating during hot summers. with real leather this is less IIRC.
I need a few nights to think about it haha :)

Associate
Haha :) I agree that trying them both would be ideal, but not possible without the hassle.
I'm slightly larger than you, 6'0 but i'm quite muscular (bodybuilding) so I think the Hero should be right for me. For me the lumbar support (mechanism, not a pillow) is a must and the reason why I want to go for a "Gaming chair" now. So the Icon is a 'no no' for me.

One of the other reasons for real leather for me was the sweating during hot summers. with real leather this is less IIRC.
I need a few nights to think about it haha :)
Hey bud! Did you get the Hero yet?

Associate
Yes, the Titan does use a softer foam hence it is softer (more yielding), but as I said in the review I feel as though the softer foam offers less support to your posture. It may feel nicer, but if you have issues with chronic back pain like me then I'd take posture over padding. I found the Noblechair hard to begin with, but it does feel like it has broken in (or I've gotten used to it).

Nope you cannot feel the Noblechair's metal bobble at all. Its quilted into the outer material so you hardly make contact with it at all.

I wouldn't ditch the pillow on either chair to be honest. Both have soft headrests, but I think the frame for both chairs has been designed to make using a pillow more comfortable. Basically the headrest slopes back, and without a pillow I find myself looking at the ceiling, rather than looking forward (same for both chairs). I think this is because with other popular gaming chairs the pillow feels softer than the headrest, but ends up pushing your neck too far forward and then you're looking at your feet.

As I said in the review the Secretlab pillow is much nicer than the Noblechair one. Hence my girlfriend has since purchase modified the Noblechair pillows by swapping the stuffing which is a horrible polyester dandruff fluff for a identically shaped cold injection memory foam pillow, there are plenty of replacement head pillow options available from a popular rain forest website for a few pounds.... Now its perfect
I wanted to ask you if your feet touched the ground flat with the Titan?

Associate
seems like OP has gone radio silent, so i was in this same scenario where i didnt know what to get but i got the Noblechair hero and ill share my experience.
i'm 183 cm and 82 kg, this chair is perfect if you're around the same. The outline wings go perfectly with my shoulders and is a nice experience. And what i see that the hero has that the titan dosent is the airholes. There is airholes in the back and the bottom, so i you dont get the nasty buttswet after sitting in for many hours also this is going to sounds weird but farts goes like right through it you can feel it going out in the airholes. But yes some of the concerns thats bin made of it being a hard cushion to sit on. While that is true in the beginning it does take time to break in, but also the thing with a hard cushion is that it wont tear out after longer periods. for example when you have a very soft cushion after a while it will be harder to sit on because the cushion fome flattens, then you're sitting on the hard plate under the cushion. So having a harder cushion i think its and advantage over a softer one. The lumbar support is also very great, but for those who have asked if it goes vertically it dosent, only outwards. Overall the quality is very nice and as metioned it dosent scream GAMER CHAIR, its a lot more subtle and blends in with the room without popping out. But it does stand out and looks cool.

But the main selling point on this chair is that you can sit in a right posture, so this will benefit you over longer time. Now note that if you're used to hunching over the table, leaning on the table, sitting with you leges longer down under the table, this chair will be uncomfortable as hell in the start because your posture is all fucket at least that was my case.

badposture2.gif

But now i sit more straight and my back feels a lot better overall and i can crunch more hours with out having to stand and straightening my back or feeling like im gradually falling downwards in the chair.

Sitting straight is not comfortable if you are used to slouch, and your body needs to train the muscles since forcing seldom used muscles to work is pinefull. But you get used to it and it is good for you.

"sitting or standing is “normal” so anything that isn’t that (i.e. sitting up straight) feels uncomfortable because your muscles aren’t trained to keep your torso supported in that manner" https://healthyheels.org/2011/06/30/sit-up-straight-like-your-mama-told-you/

Last edited:
Associate
Ive had a Secret Lab Titan chair for a week now and its giving me severe back ache :(

My old char was a leather office chair, with lumbar support, tilt, swivel and its never given me backache in the 10 years ive had it and ive sat for hours on it.

Ive read the post above from Stephen941 so maybe ive been sitting wrong all these years.

To me, the cushioning on the titan seems very firm, theres hardly any give in it. and Ive altered it the hieght, the tilt everything trying to get the position right.

From what i can feel when sitting on it, the seat isnt flat horizontal, it seems to be ever so slightly leaning back, like in the second chair in stephens pic, my old char the seat is more less
horizontal, it doesnt lean back. There is no way to alter the seat angle on the titan.

When Im gaming, I sit forward, I dont even use the back rest, I sit up, with my forearms resting on the desk, feet on the floor, with my old chair, theres never been back pain.
(ie back is straight, legs in 90 degree angle to the floor, arms in 90 degree angle to the desk, with forearm resting on the desk.)

When I sit on the Titan in that position, it feels like the seat is angled back just a tiny bit, not flat
and im sure its this position thats causing the pain.

Right now im sat on my old chair just to stop the pain :(

Last edited:
Associate
The titan does seem to have a very slight tilt back with the chair so it can force pressure on your thighs if you don't have the height setup correctly.

The issue is a lot of people set the chair height to match their desk rather than the other way around. So with a chair with no forward tilt potential it is a bit of a... uncomfortable ride.

My old man got one following my recommendation as the titan has totally helped with my back pain and he's fine it a pain to break in. But it hurts his arse :p

Different course for different people I guess.

Associate
Hello folks! I'm really glad I found this forum. I'm also hesitating between Titan and Hero.
I'm about 6'1 (1m85) 90kg . I spend 3 to 6 hours per day before the computer watching movies,internet or playing chess. I want just to be comfy and relaxed. I like to sit about 95-115 degrees leaned back.
I haven't got any spine problems. My butt is a bit fragile. I don't like it to hurt. I don't even like cycling because of that. Anyway I'm always putting a mild cushion underneath. I think I'll do the same with the new chair.
Knowing all that, which model would you recommend for me?
Or maybe another brand ?

OcUK Staff
Sounds to me like out of the two, the noblechairs HERO is the clear winner :) I am currently sat in one as I'm typing this and it's been my favourite noblechair so far, preferred it to any AK Racing, DX Racer or Vertagear chair I've sat in too!

Associate
well i decided to go for the Hero black/white ,should be arriving monday,with the price -10% at the moment,the titan xmas price is its normal price............. i had a dxracer m series chair that has been great,and the best chair i have had so far,im 6ft 2 medium build, looks like the hero might be a bit wider seat area.xmas present for myself :)

Last edited:
Associate
[UPDATE]

The whole reason I was in the market for a new chair is because my old char as comfy as its been and has given me no back ache ever, is very Clanky, ie whenever I moved in it, my wife downstairs complains that it sounds like im about to fall through the floorboards because she hears this almighty Metallic CLANK... :) also the cushioning on the seat though comfy is almost completely flattened, so thats the reason for me buying a new chair.

On the noise front the Titan is absolutely silent, not a clank, nothing, maybe, sometimes a slight soft plastic click when I tilt back that wouldnt disturb a mouse. The Titan is also lighter then my old chair and very easy to roll about and doesnt ruck up the mat its on.

After my first post above, I contacted SecretLab saying I wanted to return the chair for a refund (because of the 14 day returns policy) they offered to extend that till into the New Year so I agreed.

So the update is this, the back ache has lessened, Im not completely there yet, as others have said, its a long road to "break it in"

The seat firmness by itself is not a problem I like the fact the seat is firm, its comfortable on my butt and thighs.
The issues stems from the top of the seat angles back a bit so when I sit on it forces my lower back into the back rest which is also very firm, this puts all the pressure on the my lower back. but over time this affect seems to be less and less and I can sit in it longer each time though its slow.

(the position Im referring to is when I sit up to the desk to game, If i was watching a movie or using a controller to play on the xbox, you dont need to Sit up to the desk, so sitting back away from the desk kind of has never been a problem, the back ache is when I sit up to a desk to game)

As it stands Im probably not going to be returning it now, because there has been a vast improvement since my first post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom