Which 4 bay NAS

Associate
Afternoon all im currently looking to get a NAS im a novice at this kind of thing i have 2 6tb WD PRO's in my PC and im using my PC as my PLEX server since it has an i5 4690 processor. I currently run PLEX on my LG TV for various 4K content via XPLAY. I wouldn't mind a NAS so i could easily access my files around the home like my TV. tablet exc. Im looking at 4 bay proberly Synology. What advice could i have please on setup exc. Would i proberly better off using my PC as the PLEX server and just storing my media on the NAS. Everything will be used local and not shared to friends and family

Soldato
I use my pc as a media server as NAS boxes are well expensive. The main advantage with them they use less power and you can leave then on 24/7 and they go into ultra low power mode when idel..... I have thought about getting 1 myself but they are crazy prices, So I use my pc instead, plus everytime my media drive gets full I replace the drive instead of adding to save power and only buy 5600rpm drives. Plus I have managed to get the laptops/tablets to remotely switch on my pc, then after about 10mins of no network activity and pc being idel, the pc goes to sleep/standby mode.

Back
Top Bottom