• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX 2080 Owners Thread

Soldato
well a further update to my dual 2080 watercooled build, looking online and it now loks like the lr22 power caps on the cards also need covering, something else ek don't mention on their manual, my cards have gotton so bad they make a cracking sound rather than a squealing noise under load in games.
intrestingly though the cards are fine under benchmak condidtions no cracking or squealing , i just hope to god i haven't damaged them, going off for a while to tear down my pc and for a 4th time take my cards appart to try and rectify the issue

Soldato
The clock goes down as the temp goes up. From what I've seen the clock will begin dropping once you hit 60C.
What kind of OC;s are people getting?
I just let the boost do it's thing personally. Now I have a replacement second monitor I've monitoried the FE in a few games, briefly, and it seems to boost to 1900-1950, hardly dropping below 1900. Fan speeds never seem to change but I'm not sure something like an extra 100mhz or so is worth it to me, for gaming.

Soldato
back up and running and both cards are still winning not as bad as before, but i'll have to put up with it as both are fe cards and removing the heatsinks has voided all warranty :(
both my cards will hit around 2115 max on the core and drop back to around 2070 when temps increase, my ram on the other hand will happly sit at 7800mhz a +800 offset which gives me 499.7gb of bandwith per card, i think it can go more but i'm happy at what i have now.

Associate
Well, I've had some money put away for a while for an upgrade, so treated myself to this: rTKe7rM.jpg

Runs very quiet indeed, and in the Superposition Benchmark it peaked at 65 degrees centigrade, so fairly cool too.

Should be a decent upgrade from my MSI GTX 970, which is going to replace the 960 in my sons PC.

While I was on I decided to treat myself to this to: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lg-2...-gaming-widescreen-led-monitor-mo-14t-lg.html

I've got it hooked up to my PC and PS4Pro and it's blown me away, although I was coming from a 23" 1080p Samsung TN panel, so i guess it wasn't hard!

Just need to have a play about with the monitor settings now, get it setup to my liking.

Soldato
What kind of OC;s are people getting?
I just let the boost do it's thing personally. Now I have a replacement second monitor I've monitoried the FE in a few games, briefly, and it seems to boost to 1900-1950, hardly dropping below 1900. Fan speeds never seem to change but I'm not sure something like an extra 100mhz or so is worth it to me, for gaming.

Sustained Boost Clocks on air cooling anywhere in the region of 2050 to 2130MHz depending on sample quality.

Soldato
Well, I've had some money put away for a while for an upgrade, so treated myself to this: rTKe7rM.jpg

Runs very quiet indeed, and in the Superposition Benchmark it peaked at 65 degrees centigrade, so fairly cool too.

Should be a decent upgrade from my MSI GTX 970, which is going to replace the 960 in my sons PC.

While I was on I decided to treat myself to this to: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lg-2...-gaming-widescreen-led-monitor-mo-14t-lg.html

I've got it hooked up to my PC and PS4Pro and it's blown me away, although I was coming from a 23" 1080p Samsung TN panel, so i guess it wasn't hard!

Just need to have a play about with the monitor settings now, get it setup to my liking.

Take the anti glare coating off and it'll look even better. Hate that crap.

Man of Honour
OP

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

qswc36n.jpg

Date 13/10/2018, Make MSI Ventus, BeefCambridge, Link
Date 02/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, DarrenM343, Link
Date 02/10/2018, Make EVGA XC Ultra, Graddfilen, Link
Date 01/10/2018, Make MSI Gaming X Trio, razorpakk, Link
Date 23/09/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Rup, Link
Date 21/09/2018, Make Asus Dual, fishtank, Link
Date 22/09/2018, Make Zotac Amp Edition, M1keMK, Link
Date 22/09/2018, Make MSI Gaming X Trio, Unrivaledx21, Link
Date 21/09/2018, Make Asus Dual, MasterOC, Link
Date 21/09/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, sillyeagle, Link
Date 20/09/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, jjgreenwood, Link
Date 20/09/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Simon Belmont, Link
Date 20/09/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, jrodga2k5, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 2080.

Soldato

Surprised no one pointed it out yet. You bought a Free Sync Panel and paired it up with your 2080?

Associate
Yes, i did realise that, and I deliberated long and hard about the Vega 64, pretty much read the entire owners thread, but I just wasn't convinced that it would cut it at 4k in the future.

And I'm getting too old now to spend my days off adjusting voltages etc, I just want to load something up and play, like I did on my Speccy many moons ago. :)

I might start looking to overclock the 2080, but only when I find something that it doesn't play, in the meantime it's cool and quiet and I'm happy with that.

As for the panel, I needed the 4k for the PS4 Pro, and I was restricted in desk space, so the LG seemed perfect.

Soldato
Yes, i did realise that, and I deliberated long and hard about the Vega 64, pretty much read the entire owners thread, but I just wasn't convinced that it would cut it at 4k in the future.

And I'm getting too old now to spend my days off adjusting voltages etc, I just want to load something up and play, like I did on my Speccy many moons ago. :)

I might start looking to overclock the 2080, but only when I find something that it doesn't play, in the meantime it's cool and quiet and I'm happy with that.

As for the panel, I needed the 4k for the PS4 Pro, and I was restricted in desk space, so the LG seemed perfect.

If you want to before then, just use nvscanner the auto overclock function from nvidia on the latest EVGA precision X or MSI afterburner. Pretty much just a click of a button and in 20 mins it will have automatically tested and given you a stable overclock to the core clock speed, put your core voltage up to 100% (you can't mess with voltages any more, that's all you can do) and your power limit to the maximum then apply a +500MHz to the memory clock (most people getting 800-1100, 500 should almost definitely be achievable) and that should be stable as hell with a good performance boost on stock.

Associate
back up and running and both cards are still winning not as bad as before, but i'll have to put up with it as both are fe cards and removing the heatsinks has voided all warranty :(
both my cards will hit around 2115 max on the core and drop back to around 2070 when temps increase, my ram on the other hand will happly sit at 7800mhz a +800 offset which gives me 499.7gb of bandwith per card, i think it can go more but i'm happy at what i have now.

Did you have any more details on the extra chips that needed cooling?

Soldato
Did you have any more details on the extra chips that needed cooling?

Ek have not updated there info on their install guide for the waterblock as there is a additional area that needs cooling, i only found out about it via phanteks glacier blocks looking at their manual and the lr22 caps on the card also need a thermal strip, following this and both my cards run way cooler the max i've seen is 51 degrees under overclocked load, plus the cards dont run into power limit issues in msi afterbuner.

edit the picture you posted back on page 12 shows what you've done, notice the grey caps listed lr22 and lr47, this whole area needs a thermal pad 1mm thickness if using a ek or phanteks block, (this is the area before where my block was very warm to the touch that had no pad, plus most of the squeeling was comming from)

Last edited:
Associate
thanks. That's interesting. I might get a pad for those too, although mine never goes above 60c full load, and that's with a 7700k on a single 360mm

Soldato
Got my EVGA XC Ultra today :D

DSC-0919.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Got my EVGA XC Ultra today :D

DSC-0919.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

qswc36n.jpg

Date 21/10/2018, Make EVGA XC Ultra, ubersonic, Link
Date 13/10/2018, Make MSI Ventus, BeefCambridge, Link
Date 02/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, DarrenM343, Link
Date 02/10/2018, Make EVGA XC Ultra, Graddfilen, Link
Date 01/10/2018, Make MSI Gaming X Trio, razorpakk, Link
Date 23/09/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Rup, Link
Date 21/09/2018, Make Asus Dual, fishtank, Link
Date 22/09/2018, Make Zotac Amp Edition, M1keMK, Link
Date 22/09/2018, Make MSI Gaming X Trio, Unrivaledx21, Link
Date 21/09/2018, Make Asus Dual, MasterOC, Link
Date 21/09/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, sillyeagle, Link
Date 20/09/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, jjgreenwood, Link
Date 20/09/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Simon Belmont, Link
Date 20/09/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, jrodga2k5, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 2080.

Back
Top Bottom