is an apposed 365w system draw too close for a 450w psu?

Soldato
[any admins about please feel free to delete my other threads in this section, shame there isnt an option to do it myself]

right from my last thread i have finally managed to get my ryzen to work(cpu not locking in socket issue), so tomorrow i will potentially swap everything round and so i will need a psu to power the athlon build.

im thinking i could use my cx450 and replace it with something suitable to my AM1 use or i could just potentially buy a brand new one again, however not knowing what wattage calculator to trust its coming up a 365w usage and a 418w psu required? with the cx450 having like 448w on the 12v, is that plenty of headroom?

athlon x4 860k
2x8gb ddr3
1 ssd
1 hdd
gtx 660
1 80mm fan
1 120mm fan

this is what im based off and all stock settings.

Soldato
In gaming likely every GTX 660 card peaks below 150W, with average being around 120-130W so in gaming it won't go much over 250W load.
With Furmark for GPU and full CPU load 300W could be just reachable.
Now Corsair CX PSUs don't exactly use high quality capacitors, so if it's as old as that PC I would say it's time to replace it.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for reply.

That’s lower than I thought then ha and no the cx450 is the new updated range and the one I have is not even a month old, so it sounds I should be good to go then.

Back
Top Bottom