What watch do you wear?

Don
Thanks

Oddly JLC ship the extreme world chronograph on a dark brown strap which really doesn't suit it

The ABP strap site is really good. You can design pretty much anything you want on it and then they make it for you

Soldato
Was sat next to someone with a beauty of a JLC chrono on a flight just the other day. I could not stop looking at the thing.
Subtle, elegant, really nicely balanced dial. Though the hands were barely legible! Didn't really matter, still looked great.

Edit: looks to have been the Master Chronograph

Associate
aafScreenShot20181006at.png

ScreenShot20181006at.png

Chrono24 purchase arrived

non-oem bracelet pin fell out and no moonphase stylus

compensated for bracelet pin and Swisstec (GP's only UK service centre) have been great in getting me a replacement for only £5!
apparently the moonphase stylus is coming separately.... but we will see

Associate
I really like that Casio G-Shock, Rikki; it's a lot less chunkier than the variant I have and looks a lot more practical and versatile, would even slip under a smart casual shirt cuff better than my one would.

It surprised me when I saw it on display and once I tried it on it was a no brainer.

Theres a full black edition kicking around too but Id probably scratch it!

Caporegime
I've had my Omega SMP for 3 years but the bracelet is either too tight or too loose, even with half links.

I've seen people fit an adjustable clasp from a Planet Ocean 42mm (part no. 117STZ001154) and even mentions of some people going to ADs to get them fitted, but I emailed their support as I don't have time to visit an AD and they denied that it even fit the watch. I haven't dealt with many 'premium' watch brands but Omega are just the absolute pits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGlaUNgYLcw

Soldato
Casio Protrek PRW-2000 bought used from eBay fair month ago.

Sure nice amount slimmer than my old PRG-80 and has also other nice improvements.
Heck, replacing PRW-3000/3100 are actually backsteps in display, which has only one layer.
Dual layer display just works superbly for compass, barometric change, sunrise/sunset mode view and showing mode when cycling through those.

I've had my Omega SMP for 3 years but the bracelet is either too tight or too loose, even with half links.
But isn't that just "perfect in average"?:p

Soldato
New daily driver: Tissot PRS200
Managed to get it in an 'as new' condition from ebay for £150, I was the only bidder which I found surprising given the quality and RRP of the watch.
Bought it so that my nicer watch (T-Touch Classic, was my wedding present from my wife) can be kept nice for special occasions.

(thumbnail, click for full size)

dod

dod

Soldato
[QUOTE="nsYZY, post: 32167] Picked this little monkey up in Cannes today[/QUOTE]
Love that. I've got two speedmasters but that's on my list for the future.

Soldato
Black edition sounds like it would be good - is that a PVD or resin case? I wonder when my G-Shock will break so I can get a black edition of your watch... haha :D
There's the Mr Porter variant which is DLC, but that sold out super fast and was rapidly changing hands for a couple of K over list price...yup, a G Shock selling for thousands. The excitement died down a little, but they're still changing hands for 2k+

Soldato

I've seen people fit an adjustable clasp from a Planet Ocean 42mm (part no. 117STZ001154) and even mentions of some people going to ADs to get them fitted, but I emailed their support as I don't have time to visit an AD and they denied that it even fit the watch. I haven't dealt with many 'premium' watch brands but Omega are just the absolute pits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGlaUNgYLcw

The new 2018 SMP has the glide lock clasp so I'd imagine that can be swapped.

Some people have made the PO clasp fit but it doesn't fit out if the box.

Soldato
Has anyone got a Tudor Black Bay 58? I really like the look of them but need to see one in person. The original is a bit too big for me. Only thing I'm not keen on is the ********* hour hand. My local AD doesn't have any in stock and used prices are crazy.

edit - Why is that starred out? What's wrong with flakes of snow?

Associate
Has anyone got a Tudor Black Bay 58? I really like the look of them but need to see one in person. The original is a bit too big for me. Only thing I'm not keen on is the ********* hour hand. My local AD doesn't have any in stock and used prices are crazy.

I have one, what you would like to know? The original was too big for me too but the 58 is just the prefect size for me.

Caporegime

The snow.flake hand is iconic and personally I love it on my Pelagos. The only thing that bothers me about the 58 is that garish bright red triangle at the top of the outer dial... it spoils the look for me on an otherwise perfect (for the money) watch. :(

Because unfortunately OCUK mods run a policy of censoring out words (not only swear words but also popular culture terms etc) they get annoyed by. It's not very mature, but it's always been the way here.

Soldato
I have one, what you would like to know? The original was too big for me too but the 58 is just the prefect size for me.

Nice, how do you find it? Any complaints or criticisms? How do I get one?

The snow.flake hand is iconic and personally I love it on my Pelagos. The only thing that bothers me about the 58 is that garish bright red triangle at the top of the outer dial... it spoils the look for me on an otherwise perfect (for the money) watch. :(

Because unfortunately OCUK mods run a policy of censoring out words (not only swear words but also popular culture terms etc) they get annoyed by. It's not very mature, but it's always been the way here.

I read about the heritage of it, I guess it’s just something that isn’t to some people’s tastes, I also don’t like the Rolex cyclops though I know it’s iconic.

I love my black bay, don't think it wears that big at all but I don't have small wrists haha

I have slim wrists unfortunately, I certainly prefer a slimmer smaller watch like the vintage sizes.

Back
Top Bottom