What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
How did those two pass you by, lol.

Sicario is a masterpiece, my favourite film of the last decade. Hell or High Water is great, but not on the same level. I'd say similar to Wind River. Great trilogy of films by Taylor Sheridan though, he's a great writer.

I stumbled across Wind River on Netflix, I hadn’t actually heard of it before! It was only after reading a bit about it on google that i learned it was part of a trilogy.

Caporegime
Ant-Man and The Wasp.

I enjoyed it. I always thought Ant-Man was a nice light-hearted break from the other Marvel movies. This was no different! A lot of fun to watch! Interesting post credits scene also!

All up to date on Marvel movies now. Roll on Captain Marvel!

Soldato
A Star is Born.

8/10 for me, really enjoyed it. At times it felt like a documentary, I really felt like they were both real people and both slipped into their inverse roles. Gaga was really impressive and he played the ageing rock star so well.

Associate
Venom

I really enjoyed it, although I'm slightly biased as I'm a bit of a Tom Hardy fanboy. Like others have said, the dialog between Venom and Tom is entertaining, he seems to be rather good at those voices (Bane, Mad Max).

Soldato
Suicide Squad

Now, I'm no superhero movie aficionado, I've never even seen a MCU movie, but I actually rather liked this.

No idea what the complaints are all about. Even Jared Leto's Emo-Joker fitted well, I thought. A pretty restrained performance suited the bit-part nature of the character: would have unbalanced things if he'd been chewing up every scene.

Soldato
Venom

I really enjoyed it, although I'm slightly biased as I'm a bit of a Tom Hardy fanboy. Like others have said, the dialog between Venom and Tom is entertaining, he seems to be rather good at those voices (Bane, Mad Max).

In that half the time he speaks like he's got a sock in his mouth.

Soldato
Hotel Artemis - 7/10 - Some fantastic acting by Jodie Foster matched to some great cinematography gives this a kind of "Smoking Aces" feel but the ending is very predictable and the sub-plot with Zackary Quinto was poorly done. However those two points aside I quite enjoyed the majority of this film.

Caporegime
Logan.

First time watching it. It's also the first X-Men movie I've seen since first class, so I've had a long break from this franchise.

The movie wasn't what I was expecting. It's gritty, brutal and very much for adults and not the teenage me who grew up going to the cinema watching X-Men. I really enjoyed it overall. I think in part because it completely caught me off guard. :)

Associate
Venom

I watched it Sunday night with my daughter and a friend of mine. We felt the same. It isn't perfect as a film but TH is good and it was very entertaining. Had a perfect element of dark humour that got the whole cinema laughing together too.

Caporegime
I am thinking doing a double bill Hunter Killer/Halloween this Friday.

Things that I know which are constant.

The trailers and ads at the Odeon is 23mins long (give or take a minute)

So if I were to watch Hunter Killer First….20:45 start + 23min + 122min = 23:10 finish.

23:10 would be where the end credits are.

Halloween starts 22:30 + 23mins = 22:53 when the movie actually begins.

Is there any way to find out how long the end credits are in a movie? basically if Hunter Killer's end credits is 17mins or shorter then I will miss the start of Halloween.

(yeah I know, first world problems :D)

uYHjLTK.png

Associate
Venom (2018) - 6/10

A darker superhero film that still knows how to have a bit of fun.

The humourous interactions between Eddie and Venom are the real highlight, as are the great creature special effects.

The story is ok as although it covers the origins of the character sufficiently, it does go on a bit long and the ending feels a bit rushed.

The action scenes are difficult to follow and look a bit staged at times, and although the villains are good, the other characters don’t really stand out.

Soldato
Too close on the timing, if Odeon is anything like Cineworld they won't push many ads for late night showings and 18 rated films. 15mins tops for adverts, you'd miss a good 10mins of the start of the film at least. If the time between films is more than 5 minutes I don't risk it (20.45+122mins end up at 22.47, assuming both films have the same adverts and 7mins for credits you've missed 20mins).

Associate
They Shall Not Grow Old, Peter Jackson's WW1 documentary. It was a simulcast with the red carpet event in London, and there was a Q&A with Mark Kermode and Peter Jackson's afterwards.

The footage, all at 24fps, was astonishing at times. My word, the teeth! Never seen anything like some of them :)

Caporegime
Gangs of New York - 9/10

Love this, and despite it being almost 3 hours long it just seems to fly by every time I watch it. Great cinematography, great story and great acting from DDL, DiCaprio and even Cameron Diaz.

I remember the violence being quite bad the first time I watched it as a young teen, but it's not really. The ear part made me laugh as it was pretty badly done. :p

There Will Be Blood - 9.5/10

Brilliant. My favourite DDL film. Him and Paul Dano were incredible and the contrast between their characters was perfectly done. If you have doubts about DDL's claim as one of, if not the greatest actor of all time, then watch this. Such a shame he's retired.

Warcraft - 7/10

Not quite up there with LotR of course, but it's a decent fantasy film. Where LotR builds up the story slowly, this seemed a bit rushed from scene to scene. Almost like Game of Thrones Season 7. The acting was pretty sloppy too, but it was still entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom