What Retro Games Are You Currently Playing?

Associate
Does the original Thief count as retro enough? I'd forgotten how hilarious the guard animations were, I'm always tempted to step out of the shadows just to watch them take a swing.

Soldato
Yes original Thief counts!!!!!!

I've hooked up the Saturn for an go into Panzer Dragoon, it was recommended as a game I'd love from a friend who loves the Saturn, first time in a while he was spot on with his recommendation

Soldato
Played some Super Bomberman 3 with my son (8). He loved it. I thought it wasn't as good as Bomberman 2, which I owned back when I was a tween.

Does the original Thief count as retro enough? I'd forgotten how hilarious the guard animations were, I'm always tempted to step out of the shadows just to watch them take a swing.
I picked this back up about a year ago. Loved the first couple of levels but, much the same as I did back in the day, got too scared by all the zombies in the mines to get through that one :D

Soldato
Heh, showing my age a bit I guess, I still think of anything 3D accelerated as being fairly modern :)

It's when I saw posts on the PC gaming Facebook groups saying "modern" is battlefield 1, "old school" is cod 4 and "ancient" is Halo 2, that you realise you are old! (to be fair the post made all the "old people" come out there Woodwork to tell the child who had made the post that he didn't know he had been born yet :p)

Associate
Outlaws (GOG).

How I missed this game back in the day (1997) simply no idea! It completely slipped underneath my radar - it is awesome. I am a Spaghetti Western fan (Dollars Trilogy, Pale Rider, Tombstone) This game has a full blown Ennio Morricone esque intro and soundtrack.

I do think a true gun slinger formulates an image in my mind - The game picked the main character resembles Abraham Lincoln! Whereas for me, there are only two real protagonists for westerns - Clint or Lee Van Cleef :p

Awesome game, only for the amount of times I forget to reload and have to run away. :D

Soldato
Zelda: A Link To the Past. Don't have much time for gaming, but it's sure bringing back memories. Haven't played for about 23 years!

My son absolutely loved playing this too for about an hour. Until he died a couple of times in the first dungeon. Then he went back to Minecraft :D

Resident Evil 2 count?
I reckon so. It's, what, 20+ years old!

Soldato
OP
What are they like as games?

I have never even seen the films but do own a Ps1 game... Never even tried it tho! Came with a bundle.

From what I've played of the first, they are pretty short and easy games. Graphically looked pretty funny in the faces, the exploration is pretty good but somewhat limited. The puzzles aren't all that challenging and boss fights are quick and easy to figure out. I wasn't a great fan of the way the broom handles while flying.

The story can sometimes feel a little seperated and like there is a lot more to the story than it tells. For me having seen the films multiple times had helped to really know what was going on.

Definitely worth a play through.

Soldato
Got this on ebay for £1.49 posted. Absolutely loved this back in the day. One of the first games I played after I was gifted a 350mhz pentium 2 PC. (I actually had to take the GPU out of my 486 to play it tho!)
I have it on steam and GOG but it runs awful on modern pcs. My 98se machine has no problem with it however :)

Soldato
retro games i regularly play.

shuuz, shoot the bull, world class bowling, super sidekicks, neo turfmasters and world cup 90.

I also play remastered versions (so not true retro) versions of wings and speedball 2 among others.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom