• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

9700k vs 9900k Gaming

Soldato
I realise no one can answer this definitively as the CPU's aren't out there yet. But I am curious as to how these will (clock for clock) vary in games?
What do people think the case will be?

Soldato
Depends how much advantage can be taken by hyperthreading. Don't forget though that Windows itself could be using those threads whilst supporting gameplay so there could be a big benefit.
My 5930k certainly shows all threads being used whilst playing.
Andi.

Soldato
Most games probably nothing. A small percentage of games will probably show a difference and chances are that percentage will increase over time.

Associate
tbh I have bought the 9900k more for the streaming side than the gameside as the current 8600k I have still pretty much plays everything at full whack at a great frame rate. The only thing it struggles with is streaming at 1080p hence the upgrade.. and no I don't use GPU encoding. I imagine the difference between the 9700k and 9900k gameplaying wise will be virtually 0.

Soldato
tbh I have bought the 9900k more for the streaming side than the gameside as the current 8600k I have still pretty much plays everything at full whack at a great frame rate. The only thing it struggles with is streaming at 1080p hence the upgrade.. and no I don't use GPU encoding. I imagine the difference between the 9700k and 9900k gameplaying wise will be virtually 0.
Oh yeah for streaming the i9 would be worth it for sure over the i7.

Associate
As big difference between 8600k and 8700k in gaming. Almost zero. But does it worth £500?

When the 2500K and 2600K came out all benchmarks of the time showed zero difference in gaming. Look how that turned out.

My answer to the OP is how soon do you think the next generation of consoles will arrive?

Back
Top Bottom