• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Caporegime
i wasnt talking about being better i was talking about more experience with what the op wanted with said games and having both amd and intel i could give a fair opinion. this forums is so stupid sometimes.

Associate
Some of this logic is great. Only you can place a value on your own time, though the scarcity of time seems to result in a reverse price premium then it does in every other market segment.

People normally pay a premium for being short on time for something. Not because they have a surplus of it.

Soldato
But, After 5+ years of being on this 4690K I would hate to "upgrade" to a 2700x and in games actually find it performs worse! which, with the 2700x vs my OC 4690K is a distinct possibility.
It sounds like you've already decided it's not a possibility. Of course at 1440p and above it won't make much difference. If your existing CPU is as good as a 2700X I definitely wouldn't be upgrading.

Associate
Hi and thank you for answer. Do you know when is going to be Retail version available ? Cheers

Yes they shall be available, we have tray product in stock, lots of it. :)
You will be able to place order for the tray on evening of 18th and will ship on 19th.

They will also come with Intel Starter Pack, so COD4 and some other games/software.

Associate
Retail is unlikely to be in large volume before the end of the year, there is 12+ weeks leadtime from large disti's as of yesterday so that should tell you these will trickle through.

12 weeks? Where did you see that? :(

I was hoping before Christmas based on emails sent out by OCUK on 9900k orders mentioning "minimum" 3-4 weeks delay.

Soldato
Are you all buying this retail at xmas chat? It's just a way to generate hype and demand. The chip releases on the 19th. If OCUK don't have any then hell buy it elsewhere. I have purchased it abroad with a guarantee on it shipping on the 19th. Could that fall through? Of course it could. But OCUK is the only place I am seeing this delay delay delay chat being pushed.

Soldato
12 weeks? Where did you see that? :(

I was hoping before Christmas based on emails sent out by OCUK on 9900k orders mentioning "minimum" 3-4 weeks delay.

Well, two things, firstly your e-mail says minimum 3-4 weeks, which means it is more than likely going to be a lot longer, and secondly the 12 weeks is the lead times from one of Intel's biggest distributors, they type of place OCUK etc. buy from.

Associate
Well, two things, firstly your e-mail says minimum 3-4 weeks, which means it is more than likely going to be a lot longer, and secondly the 12 weeks is the lead times from one of Intel's biggest distributors, they type of place OCUK etc. buy from.

Bummer :( I would prefer not to switch to the OEM version. But a delay into next year would be difficult for me. Thanks for the reply mate :)

Soldato
My first gaming PC build since umm... 8 years ago? Still sporting a i7 2600, etc.

I have most of the other parts ready to go, and I really wanted to have this ready and enjoy it during the x-mas break :(

What graphics card did you end up with, going 4k, or 1440p 144Hz+?

You could always consider the 9700K, or the 8700K if you really need to stick with an Intel build. :)

Associate
What graphics card did you end up with, going 4k, or 1440p 144Hz+?

You could always consider the 9700K, or the 8700K if you really need to stick with an Intel build. :)

I decided to stick with intel at this stage yes. I wanted the 9900k to be as future proof as possible on the CPU side. Since its release was so near my plans to build a new machine anyway. For GPU I was about to get a 2080ti until i saw the prices... so i opted for a 1080ti instead for now :)

1440p 144Hz yes :)

Soldato
I decided to stick with intel at this stage yes. I wanted the 9900k to be as future proof as possible on the CPU side. Since its release was so near my plans to build a new machine anyway. For GPU I was about to get a 2080ti until i saw the prices... so i opted for a 1080ti instead for now :)

1440p 144Hz yes :)

Well you can still do your build, get a Z390 board, and something like an i5 8500 or whatever until the stock becomes more normalised by which point it might have actually dropped down in price too, so much so it would have paid for the interim processor. Drop in the 9900K and jobs done, it's not going to make that much difference for a few months. :)

Associate
Going to laugh at this "Future Proof" Intel CPU if AMD drop the mic with 7nm Ryzen next year at half the price lol.

This is always the case when buying electronics. You can't be chasing them all the time. In 1 year time minimum you are already outdated. At any given moment you can only make a decision based on what's in front of you. Eh other wise you will never buy anything and just wait forever :D Right now, the 9900k is the most future proof piece of hardware (I'm not debating performance per value, etc. I know it's overpriced).

Back
Top Bottom