Latte Panda

Associate
I was thinking about getting a Latte Panda Single Board Computer, it has :

Intel Z8300 CPU
4gb of RAM DDR3
64gb of rom
Intel HD Graphics (500 MHz) and up words, I would assume,

Runs from 5v 2amps which is good so it can be run from batteries in a power bank, which is fabulous. Do you know if it should be good for playing older games like Half Life 1 and Maybe Half Life 2 on 720p at low / medium settings?

Theres a 2gb model I think, and it has WIFI / ethernet, which is brilliant. I want to make a ultra compact office computer for emailing word processing and the like, I don't think it will play CS Go but I might be entirely wrong. I want the ultimate portable compact PC it looks good and runs windows 10 home premium 64 bit I think.

PS: has HDMI out

Associate
I have an ACEPC T9 Intel Z8350 4GB ram and running windows 10 pro 64bit(typing this on it now).
It runs on 5v and draws under half an amp when power to the stepdown is 12v..
Its ok for single tasks plays YouTube etc fine, but multi tasking brings it to its knee's.

Use it as a backup computer in the Van (has HDMI out USB3)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
How much did it cost, and where did you get it from would it be good for playing games do you think? I've had an Intel Compute Stick before with a Z8300 CPU and it played Half Life 2 at 1080p with full settings excellently, with no frame drops what so ever. I may take alook at this again to be fair. It runs at 5v2amps, so yeah... I did see a warning sticker saying to only use the provided power supply unit though, so could I potentially damage the unit if i didn't?

Associate
OP
I want a tablet really.I have seen a Linx 810 tablet with 1gb of RAM and has 32 GB of Storage which is enough for CS 1.6 and Half Life 1. With a custom power bank with a 5v 2amp step down converter do you think it should be able to be charged from batteries? I want something which is portable and manageable without an ac socket. Cheers,

I did buy one of the 2gb models from a web-site but when I got it it didn't charge properly, i charged it for 8 hours plus and it only ran for 1-3 hours offline not the 8 hours advertised on their web-site...

Back
Top Bottom