Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
I played Red Dead Revolver back in the day, it was a kinda OK Western GTA...and like all GTA games I never got close to completing it...and I never felt inclined to play Redemption.

Was Redemption that much better?

Soldato
I played Red Dead Revolver back in the day, it was a kinda OK Western GTA...and like all GTA games I never got close to completing it...and I never felt inclined to play Redemption.

I'll be honest I played through the story mode then never touched it again , the online side was terrible

I Went to play through it again (XB1X backwards compatible) from scratch the other week but did about an hour then lost interest

Last edited:
Soldato

If you don't care for the GTA games then I'm not sure you'd like it. Personally, I loved RDR and its by far the best game R* have ever produced imo - played it so much more than any other console game to date.

Soldato
Omg I'm so hyped for this game! I can't wait until Friday next week!

I don't think I have ever been so hyped for a game before, looked forward to many past games but this is on another level, think it's because its been so long since the masterpiece of RDR and the fact that gaming has moved on leaps and bounds since then.

Soldato
I don't think I have ever been so hyped for a game before, looked forward to many past games but this is on another level, think it's because its been so long since the masterpiece of RDR and the fact that gaming has moved on leaps and bounds since then.

I agree. It's not just about the game for me though. It's about the experience that this looks like it'll be. Like you can actually, properly be someone in the old west and do the things that they could do back then. The screenshots of the bank robberies, train holdups, shootouts; the animal hunting (in the snow as well!), the camping, and just the general vista shots all suggest that this game is going to be a life and you can choose how to play it. This game is going to allow all of us that grew up playing Cowboy's and Indians to actually experience that visually and I simply cannot wait. I'm seriously considering buying myself a new set of gaming headphones just to be able to lose myself in the experience. It's just a pity that my TV is an old one and isn't really up to scratch for an Xbox One!

Caporegime
I agree. It's not just about the game for me though. It's about the experience that this looks like it'll be. Like you can actually, properly be someone in the old west and do the things that they could do back then. The screenshots of the bank robberies, train holdups, shootouts; the animal hunting (in the snow as well!), the camping, and just the general vista shots all suggest that this game is going to be a life and you can choose how to play it. This game is going to allow all of us that grew up playing Cowboy's and Indians to actually experience that visually and I simply cannot wait. I'm seriously considering buying myself a new set of gaming headphones just to be able to lose myself in the experience. It's just a pity that my TV is an old one and isn't really up to scratch for an Xbox One!
I got some new TB’s just for this.

Soldato
I didn’t really like Bully, LA Noire and the middle of RDR was a yawn fest. Which is why I’m still on the fence with this.
I think LA Noire was just put out by R* but made by someone else who has seems been shut down, I thought it looked really repetitive.

Completely agree with RDR. I burned out originally in the middle, recently forced myself through it in time for this. I hope there's no cattle herding here :D

Associate
I wonder how it will run on the original Playstation 4. I can afford the game but if it's 15 to 25 fps then I don't want to know. Aw man this is killing me, like I said I can afford the game but the Playstation 4 Pro is out of reach for quite a while.

Soldato
I wonder how it will run on the original Playstation 4. I can afford the game but if it's 15 to 25 fps then I don't want to know. Aw man this is killing me, like I said I can afford the game but the Playstation 4 Pro is out of reach for quite a while.
Same here but I've bought it anyway. It'll run well enough on the PS4 without hindering gameplay I would imagine.

Associate
What happens if it's... crap? :D

Almost no chance of that i know, but fun to imagine what a poor rockstar game looks like ;)
I think by their standards they consider GTA4 a failure :D

Fret not, AAA titles like this are rarely failures and given the noise coming from people who have played it already it's likely to be a very special game.

Back
Top Bottom