Metal Guttering

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Looking at this as a alternative to plastic, house has anthracite grey foiled windows and fascia boards originally we were going for black Ogee profile plastic guttering but quite liked the look of the galvanised steel as a contrast or a few companies do it in anthracite grey paint.

Anybody have metal guttering do you find it noisy? any pictures?

Associate
I've fitted quite a bit of lindab guttering to different properties, it's a very easy system to work with and looks great. As for noise it'll only be rain running off roof into it, wouldn't have thought it would be be noisier than plastic...

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
OP
What about aluminium guttering as an alternative? I've got cast iron and I can't say it's that noisy when it rains

Just looking at this now, didn't realise this was an option. Doing quick sums guttering is more expensive than steel but seams to balance out and be on par once you account for not needing brackets.

I've fitted quite a bit of lindab guttering to different properties, it's a very easy system to work with and looks great. As for noise it'll only be rain running off roof into it, wouldn't have thought it would be be noisier than plastic...

I'll take a look at this brand now thanks.

How long has the stuff you fitted been in place is the finish holding up?

Associate
On two local houses we built the black has been up for about 4 years and I see this on a regular basis, still looks good, good colour retention - no fading. The galvanised probably 3 years, looks as good as when it was fitted, hth

Caporegime
We have aluminium guttering (similar in shape to the Heritage stuff in the link above) and it’s no noisier than plastic guttering. It’s just as low maintenance as well, just a wipe every few years to keep it clean.

Back
Top Bottom