Rimworld - strategy base building sci-fi indie game

Man of Honour
:(

had a nice base set up 6 guys, so decided to try making a caravan, took 35 simple meals and just under 200 pelican, said my caravan had no food?

and they all died as soon as they returned to the base.
i cant see a way of adding food, other than just taking it with you, like any other item. only went to the nearest village.

need to try and find a save if there is one. As that should have been more than enough food.

:( no usabe save other than when i finished last night i did a hard safe but that was hours ago.

Last edited:
Permabanned
It's Autumn and it's -127c :)

Started a new game as the frozen wasteland gets a bit boring. It's so cold you get nothing but constant mech attacks and the occasion raiders who just freeze to death.

I prefer it when there's visitors. Last group that arrived torched my base because one of them was bit by a mad squirrel and he had an incendiary launcher.

And then they all just stood there and let it burn and when it was proper up in smoke game says 'Visitors from such and such are leaving'

lol

Soldato
I'd missed the point of getting someone doing what they liked, even if they were crap at it (they get better) as such - crafting can be awesome. Get your best crafter making a few decent weapons (assault rifles are good) to boost their crafting experience. At the same time, get whoever in your colony LOVES crafting, whatever the level to make clothes. Solves the "my clothes are crap" mood penalty and gets the poor crafter to level it (with them "loving" it meaning they level much faster). You can set in the build queue what level someone has to be to be allowed to make the ordered item, set the rifle to be your best crafters level, leave clothes around the level of your poorer crafter who loves it.

I had my star crafter (full lvl 20) shot in the head in a raid so he became extremely slow and had poor manipulation stats resulting in massive problems getting power armour and miniguns made for my security team. Took a while but the next crafter, I managed to pull up from lvl 7ish to 17/18 before I got my ship built.

Same goes for growing, most things really.

Associate
I cant believe this thread has been dead for 18 months. Has anyone else been playing this now that it's been released? I only recently picked it up but it seems great and all I read is positive feedback on the game.

Associate
Does this game run on the same engine as Prison Architect?

From the horses mouth.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=23.msg52#msg52

Tynan Sylvester said:
I drew some inspiration from PA. Moreso from its own inspiration, Dwarf Fortress.

We don't share any tools. Chris at IV has his own tech foundation; I built this one on Unity.

But they do look somewhat similar; that's my fault. I'm not a good enough artist to come up with a really good original look. There are only so many ways to render characters on a tiny grid without using animations.

I hope the differences between the game will be enough for people to look past the aesthetic similarities. And if I get some funding at some point I can get an artist to help develop a more unique look.

I do think the similarities are skin-deep. In gameplay the game resembles DF much more than PA.

How did you know I used to call it Starship Architect? That was back in March... I didn't think I ever mentioned that anywhere. CREEPY
cheesy.gif

https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/c...rld_and_prison_architect_use_the_same/coz5vel

Tynan Sylvester said:
There is no shared code; RW uses Unity by PA is, AFAIK, a custom engine written in C++. Chris D. is a much more experienced programmer than I.

Soldato
Love this game, my time sink at the moment.
A few things have gotten harder since the 1.0 release, but I'm 2 days away from launching on a Randy Savage run

Caporegime
So how similar is this to Dwarf Fortress? I've played that game on and off for years and years, and it never gets old.

The only real gripes with DF are that it can be completely counter-intuitive, and fiddly to mess with lots of different (and inconsistent) menus.

Damn, now I want to play DF again... got too much to do!

Back
Top Bottom