first go at water cooling loop....need opinion

Associate
HI

I am a bit confused and dont know if I have done this right, I set up my loop as per a picture in the ekwb manual but now I have seen a picture which is totally different to the one I went by, also in the same manual. Can anyone tell me if this is ok or do i need to redo it. thanks.
IMG-20181019-215741.jpg

Soldato
As long as its out to in then will work fine. Although looks like a kink on the left CPU hose? or is it just the picture?

Associate
OP
As long as its out to in then will work fine. Although looks like a kink on the left CPU hose? or is it just the picture?
its just the picture....I dont know if its out to in or not thats the problem i dont know if i have done it right. I have set it up exactly as a picture in the manual...but there is another picture which is different. the first picture is the different one and the second pic is the one i went by...now i dont know which one is correct

Associate
Yes. Looks correct to me and exactly how it is in the manual. Radiator doesn't matter either can go each way.

Only cpu matters here as ekwb block has specific in and out, but this looks correct here as well.

Associate
The triangular arrow in the second manual photo has always struck me as unfortunately placed.....I guess it's there to show the minimum fluid level you should have in the res, but they placed it over the tubing and it suggests that the fluid flow is directed away from the inlet to the pump/res.
Your set-up looks good though!

Associate
The triangular arrow in the second manual photo has always struck me as unfortunately placed.....I guess it's there to show the minimum fluid level you should have in the res, but they placed it over the tubing and it suggests that the fluid flow is directed away from the inlet to the pump/res.
Your set-up looks good though!
Haha yeah you're right it's for the res. I couldn't figure it out why they show it on the tube as flow direction when it actually goes the other way :)

Associate
OP
I have decided to add a gpu block now...getting into this watercooling lark lol

what i need to know is which block do i use for a evga gtx1080 sc and which is compatible with the ek360 performance kit and also does anyone know if the gpu block will fit in the lian li dynamic case ..i have heard some gpu blocks make the gpu wider and you can not get the side window back on.

Is there anything else I would need to add this extra block to my rig.

thanks.

Associate
OP
so after a month of iffing and arrring. I finaly finished my loop today, re-did the flow direction from original set up and added better fittings so the tubes look a lot neater and am very happy with it now...even dropped a couple of degrees of temps as well as a bonus

Associate
Noob question If you only have a finite amount of water in a reservoir what is stopping that water heating up to a temperature where it no longer cools anything?

Soldato
The radiators (and attached fans)
Indeed. Some devices (not generally computers) are cooled by having a big reservoir. The large volume of water can store an awful lot of energy before it heats up significantly. For instance we have a 60W laser cutter which has 35L of water in its cooling loop.

You could use a small radiator to handle 60W but the temperature difference between the water and ambient wouldn't be small enough - the laser needs to be kept below 25°C. So the tank does it as it takes several hours to go up 2-3° from room temperature.

Back
Top Bottom