• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Lol so I got my Sony mk3 wireless headphones and decided to buy a pair of Bose QC35s S2 as well. So will be testing both over next day or 2 and see which one I prefer. Both at same price point but I quite liked the Bose QC35s so thought I’ll keep the ones I like best.

Hopefully the Bose will be with me tomo then I can properly test them out.
If you have big ears I can guarantee the QC35s will win. Sony’s were too toasty!! Love that feature that turns them off with the hand gesture though :)

Caporegime
Nice, post some testing results:)
Will do.

Anyone got one of these desktop wireless chargers?

I bought the belkin pad from apple, silver and black but have been looking at these stand up ones. Apple do a Logitech one that has a cradle but at £60 it’s a tad expensive.

Been looking around amazon for any decent ones. The one I have now I’ll give to my mum as she has the xs max and she’s likes the one I have.

If you have big ears I can guarantee the QC35s will win. Sony’s were too toasty!! Love that feature that turns them off with the hand gesture though :)
Luckily for me my ears aren’t that big and I don’t see myself constantly using them all the time. I have the Sony’s and they are fine after a few hrs, as comfortable as the Bose ones I tried.

But tomo I should be getting the Bose then I can properly test them both out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Commissario
OP
Does that come with a fast charger?
Actually it looks like it doesn't support fast charging
10W FAST WIRELESS CHARGER MODES】ONLY supports Galaxy S9+, S9, Note 8, S8, S8+, S7, S7 Edge, S6 Edge+, Note 5,Google Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL with QC 3.0 AC ADAPTER(NOT INCLUDED) (NOTE: Galaxy S9+ and S9 OEM AC adapter CANNOT SUPPORT fast wireless charging)【STANDARD WIRELESS CHARGING MODES】Works with XS/XR/XS Max/X/8/8 Plus
I'm not too concerned about 'fast' charging, this is to sit on my desk in the office.

Associate
About a year and a half a go, I decided to try Android for the first time, I went out and bought (at that time) the flagship Samsung phone (S8+) and as much as I've tried to embrace the Google-sphere it just doest work for me. So it's time to go back to Apple. My work phone is a 6S, my last Apple was a 6S+, and I'm not overly into having a high-res phone. Looking at the new range (and given I need a great resolution isnt my bag - I find myself turning down the res on my S8+) I'm leaning towards the new XR (especially as it appears to have the best battery life).

On the latter point, it appears cheaper to fly to the US (about £220 in December) and enjoy a few 'Merican beers and return with an XR than it is to buy on here due to our tax rate.

In comparison to the XR, what is tempting you to the XS (vs screen resolution)?

Ta muchly

Ultralaser,

Commissario
OP
On the latter point, it appears cheaper to fly to the US (about £220 in December) and enjoy a few 'Merican beers and return with an XR than it is to buy on here due to our tax rate.
Don't forget that the USA prices don't include sales tax. I doubt that the actual price over there is £220 cheaper than here.

Soldato
I upgraded recently from an X to an XS and as expected there's not much between them.

The reason I upgraded though was that my partner is taking voluntary redundancy from BT at the end of the month so my friends and family discount would have dropped off when my contract expired in December. By upgrading now I get the discount for another 2 years. I had to buy myself out of the old contract which cost me £600, I've then sold my X for £615 having had EE unlock it for £8.

Back
Top Bottom