***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Man of Honour
theres some login bonus cash to be had every day this week, $250,000 for your first login, then $150,000 every other day you login untill 10th sept,
this is for GTA online not single player

Soldato
ok I tried ot log in to GTA Online and it failed again. It claims that I have not completed the Prologue of the game even though I have completed the Single Player game twice. Is there a fix for this?

Soldato
ok I tried ot log in to GTA Online and it failed again. It claims that I have not completed the Prologue of the game even though I have completed the Single Player game twice. Is there a fix for this?

Have you still got you save file from when you completed it? and did you enable cloud saves?

If not, do the prologue and enable cloud saving or download a game save.

Associate
hi played single player a couple of times and just love it,hate the grind of online mode.have a question I'm going to start another single player playthrough and would like to know how hard is it to mod the game once I finish this playthrough,say compared to modding skyrim or fallout,and any useful links on modding it.thanks for your time

Soldato
hi played single player a couple of times and just love it,hate the grind of online mode.have a question I'm going to start another single player playthrough and would like to know how hard is it to mod the game once I finish this playthrough,say compared to modding skyrim or fallout,and any useful links on modding it.thanks for your time

I haven't modded it in a long time, i stopped once i started playing online but from what i remember it was really easy to mod, there was a program that loaded the mods for you and was all installed into another folder so it didnt interfere with your game files. It was much easier than Skyrim modding so if your experienced at that then youll find it easy.

Soldato
Hi
when i 1st got my 1080ti i benched GTAV at 4K and all seemed ok... however a couple of days ago i got a forced update for GTAV

now, when ever i put it into full screen (for some reason the game always used to load windowed) the game crashes with a D3D error.

it plays stably in windowed mode and windowed borderless however i am finding the game to be a stuttery mess, both with vsync off and on.

when i benchmark it is telling me i am getting 60-90fps however my eyeballs are telling me the game is not playable.

has anyone else had this issue... this is with the drivers from... october 4th, so not the latest but the one before.

many thanks

Soldato
I just tried installing the update to test it for ya but after it finished the update it told me GTA has been uninstalled from my PC and i need to reinstall.............I guess i'll be waiting till tomorrow to test that then :)

Soldato
Hi
when i 1st got my 1080ti i benched GTAV at 4K and all seemed ok... however a couple of days ago i got a forced update for GTAV

now, when ever i put it into full screen (for some reason the game always used to load windowed) the game crashes with a D3D error.

it plays stably in windowed mode and windowed borderless however i am finding the game to be a stuttery mess, both with vsync off and on.

when i benchmark it is telling me i am getting 60-90fps however my eyeballs are telling me the game is not playable.

has anyone else had this issue... this is with the drivers from... october 4th, so not the latest but the one before.

many thanks

I have been having stuttering issues for the past few weeks, however that is mostly to do with network issues with lobbies and friends. I have no issues in Single player and can tell when it will start if certain players joine or I am in a high lag lobby.

The issue with starting in windowed mode is hit and miss, however the majority of the time full screen will not stay set. Saying that, I am running 2 copies on my PC, Steam and R* social club so could also be some shenanigans there as well.

Top and short, performance has taken a hit since night life update and the two patches. The game has had some major issues in the past few weeks with networking and match making. People have been having to change languages in order to be able to join other players. So whilst I play with people from around the world, UK/EU sessions are sort of ok where as playing with my RUS/south east Asian friends has become a bit of an issue.

Saying all that, R* have changed everything in Social Club so wtf knows.... lol

Soldato
Thanks for you doing this. It's very kind.

After downloading the game 3 times it finally decided to install after i just deleted everything and did a fresh install :) , unfortunately it all worked fine exactly the same as before so on my system, i tried switching between windowed and fullscreen a few times and that worked too.

Im using 399.07 drivers, all i can think of is to run DDU then install the latest graphics driver, if that doesnt work maybe it requires a fresh install of the game, mine game wouldnt even start after the update, maybe the update can corrupt on install and requires a fresh install.

Soldato
Hi thanks for doing that much appreciated. I fixed this last night. It seems to be an issue with the 416.16 drivers.
Updated to 416.34 and fullscreen does not cause a crash. Performance seems ok again and the full screen settings seems to stick.

All in all 416.16 seems a really bad driver

Soldato
Where is the cheapest place to get this now? I've started playing my copy of it but want to get an official copy and see what online is like.

Still popular online or is it past it now?

Back
Top Bottom