Which Linux distro would you use for this?

Soldato
I'm building a Platform as a Service operation. I know how to do the technical aspects of it, but I'm not sure which Linux distro to settle on for my needs. I need something that is incredibly stable, offers full support for Docker and that is reasonably lightweight. I'd also like technical support if possible.

I was thinking of using RHEL since that seems to be the most widely used "enterprise" Linux distro and has a long support cycle. But there are other enterprise Linux distros I know nothing about.

For reference, I usually use Ubuntu Server LTS for my server stuff, but this is a new project with different requirements. I need to be able to deploy servers quickly and ensure that they are supported with security fixes for as long as possible with minimal downtime.

Anyone had any experience with enterprise Linux distros and the technical support they offer? If I were to boot up an RHEL box on Google Cloud would I be able to talk to Red Hat technical support or would I need a separate support contract?

Back
Top Bottom