Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Associate
I'm currently playing RDR on my One X via back compatibility. I never played at release but this game holds up really well, even today. All in the name of getting me ready for RDR2.

There has been some excellent games this year but could this be the greatest of them all?!?
I'd hazard a guess to say it will be the greatest of this generation. I know it's not out and no reviews yet but the noises coming out from people who've played it sounds very VERY promising.

I've been keeping an eye on this hoping for a PC release etc, but realised i have an original Xbox One boxed away. Are there any details on how it will perform on this hardware? Will it be horrible and not worth bothering?
I mean It will play, 1080p 30fps I'd say.

The purpose of X and Pro was never to replace but more to compliment and offer an alternative for those seeking abit more. I'd be surprised if it played like a potato on the OG PS and Xbox

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
Scrap that^^^^ spent a bit more time on RDR1 yesterday and once you get a feel for the controls again it's still a great game. got as far as the mission where you help Miss McFarland and her father catching and backing wild horses.

RE: Online being terrible, when did you play it? It got hacked pretty badly towards the end of it's lifespan so was basically pointless but in it's early years it was awesome! Getting to rank 50 and riding around running people over with the water buffalo was great :cool:

Oh and the whole capture mechanic where you could take over the tavern with your posse then everyone else had to come and try and it take it off you, was great fun Imo!

Associate
Is there any room on the Hype Train?
I have never played the original, took a look expecting there to be a remaster or something for PS4, but nothing?

I don't want to play 2 without playing the first, which I assume was something special back in the day?
So um, I must play it on a PS3 or buy an Xbox for backwards compatibility?

Soldato
There is no RDR remaster, this is a prequel of RDR.

Either PS3, or Xbox with backwards compatiblity or a 360 are your options. I heard it was on PS Now but can't confirm.

Soldato
There is no RDR remaster, this is a prequel of RDR.

Either PS3, or Xbox with backwards compatiblity or a 360 are your options. I heard it was on PS Now but can't confirm.

The Xbox One X version has actually been partially remastered for 4k. It's not a full remaster, but it still looks a lot better than the original. It mainly focused on preventing detail loss when upscaling.

Soldato
Is there any room on the Hype Train?
I have never played the original, took a look expecting there to be a remaster or something for PS4, but nothing?

I don't want to play 2 without playing the first, which I assume was something special back in the day?
So um, I must play it on a PS3 or buy an Xbox for backwards compatibility?

It is enhanced on xbox one X. RDR 2 is a prequel to the original, so you should be ok without playing the first.

Soldato
Game sharing this with my son on xbox 1x, 1st time we have shared and at £30 each for the base game a much more affordable method, these £60 digital prices for new games is getting ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom