Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
If there was any reason to get a pro or X now it would be for this game, I'm sure it will look nice on standard PS4, but I would personally want to be playing this at the highest quality, especially if I owned a 4k TV.

Been doing abit of lunchtime online reading and it seems the PS4 Pro isn't actually 4k and only upscaled?? Is this right, or am I reading it wrong - if so i'll stick with my standard PS4.

Soldato
Been doing abit of lunchtime online reading and it seems the PS4 Pro isn't actually 4k and only upscaled?? Is this right, or am I reading it wrong - if so i'll stick with my standard PS4.
Its rarely ever native 4K. Usually what they call Checkerboard 4k or something like that. I wouldn't expect Native 4k on a game like this, the hardware just isn't up to it

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Its rarely ever native 4K. Usually what they call Checkerboard 4k or something like that. I wouldn't expect Native 4k on a game like this, the hardware just isn't up to it

I think on PS4 Pro it's 1920x2160 which is something like 12.5% higher than 1440p or whatever the article on Eurogamer said. If it's native 4K on X1X I'll be surprised.

Good read about it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/5zdr6q/psa_why_checkerboard_rendering_isnt_upscaling_and/

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom