Moto G 5th Generation

Associate
A security update was released earlier in the week and since installing it the phone seems very unstable restarting randomly and regularly freezing up for a few seconds during use especially when using chrome. Has anybody else experienced any similar problems?

Soldato
So got my g5 plus 3gb ram version yesterday for 169 and 50 cash back. So 119 effectively can't moan.

Installed a spigen case and sparin tempered glass screen and I'm off. Does this phone actually have Nfc or not? I can see I can set up android pay and slide Nfc on and off. But is Nfc chip present or is this fooling me?

Soldato
I'm doing some quick research in hope to buy a new phone very soon. Keep in mind this will be an upgrade from a very badly performing Samsung S3 (very laggy, unresponsive, battery issues.....).

Okay, so I'm looking at purchasing a Moto G5 phone as it seems to be regarded as one of the best budget phones you can buy.

What is the phone like with GPS signal? This is going to be used often as we do running and record via Strava.
How does Snapchat run on the phone? Currently on the S3 it's too laggy so isn't used, she instead uses my Note4 for that.
Picture quality is good? camera is one of the most used applications.

Currently what's the cheapest price for G5S? if not sim free, atleast compatible with Three network.

Associate
Looking at upgrading my mum's phone to one of these or the e series. Anyone had any experience with the e5?

Decent sized screen and good battery is pretty much the only requirements

Associate
The G5 last year model. I would look at the G6. The Amazon exclusive variant the best one to get. The only real big minus is no NFC, what you need for Android Pay. If that a must look at the Nokia 6.1

EDIT: I think the Amazon exclusive variant has NFC others do not.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd be looking at a newer phone now TBH.

I've been using my G5 (3gb Dual SIM Amazon version) since it came out, the only things i find annoying are:-

- No notification light (the light is there but not usable when the phone has booted up)
- No NFC (you knew this before buying it though)

It won't be getting updated past 8.1 Oreo as it's an old model now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone had NFC stop working on their G5 Plus?

Back in September I noticed it had stopped working on Google play. I've since tried in NFC tools with an oyster card and it won't read it.

Soldato
Bear in mind the G7 is on the way. That said, there's probably some good deals to be had on the 6.

The G7 Power sounds very interesting. 5000MAh.

Back
Top Bottom