Uploading photos to Facebook not working - anyone else having that issue?

Soldato
As title, been trying to create an album on my FB page but its just not working, the upload doesn't start (the page that appears showing each photo uploading) and just kicks back to the album page and an 'untitled album' shows with nothing in it - I cannot add photos to that either.

Tried on a windows machine, Mac machine on safari, chrome, firefox, brave & edge browser, all the same problem,

Any ideas folks? Have reported to FB but obviously no reply.

Soldato
Had this a couple of days ago. The loading would get to 98% and then disappear. You would then get a message telling you would lose any unsaved data if you tried again. It has been fine since.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So I managed to upload some photos to my business page but using my dads facebook account.........how strange, it works for him, but not me - I'm not blocked or anything as the page attempts to upload the images but the code (i guess), seems to fail and not initialize the upload sequence - whats going on here?

Associate
Just a few pointers that will make life easier and will give you better image quality!

Downscale all photos to max 2048 & Save as PNG File.

I've found the photos never lose quality this way and generally what you see at that res is what will appear on facebook, Give that ago, Facebook hates big File sizes!

Soldato
Just a few pointers that will make life easier and will give you better image quality!

Downscale all photos to max 2048 & Save as PNG File.

I've found the photos never lose quality this way and generally what you see at that res is what will appear on facebook, Give that ago, Facebook hates big File sizes!
Is this true?
Anyway Facebook is awful. If for example you are ever in the unfortunate position of having to recover your account/data the photos you get back are the ones in your feed and not your albums no bigger than 60k in size.

Associate
Is this true?
Anyway Facebook is awful. If for example you are ever in the unfortunate position of having to recover your account/data the photos you get back are the ones in your feed and not your albums no bigger than 60k in size.

Try it and your see for yourself ! Facebook compress JPEG files massively ! Especially if they are over 2048 Wide

I always edit my photos now and then change the size to 2048px and save as max PNG file....... All my photos look really nice now. give it ago if you don't believe me.

Back
Top Bottom