Spec me an LED Torch

Transmission breaker
Don
Seller is now telling me that "it should be delivered in a week time".

Less than impressed with the service so far! I guess you got lucky with the postage. I did a good read of all the reviews and it really seems to pack a punch. Anyway I got myself a Trustfire 26650 IMR cell with 45a rating. Should be good enough for this when it does arrive.

How are you finding the UI on your example?

Soldato
It comes with the ramping enabled all the way to max but I've changed my setting to the steps so it goes up to 2000 lumens in stages then double click for turbo then double click to go back to the previous setting.

Soldato
To change from ramping to steps its 3 fast clicks when the light is on.

To change the aux leds its 7 fast clicks when the light is off.

Haven't tried any other settings.

Transmission breaker
Don
Ok, so the D4s turned up.
Its a true pocket rocket. Its putting out easily as much light as my SkyRay King types, and a third of the size/weight.
Build look fantastic. The aux LEDs look fantastic, and as soon as I can figure out how to get them to the brighter setting it will be awesome, I am happy to have this as my main light for now, retiring the SkyRays to backup duty :D

Ramping looks great, and the morse mode is a nice touch. I am still playing with the settings now, but it rocks so far :D

Looking forward to testing the battery life next.

Soldato
Without reading through 247 pages can anyone recommend a decent sub £30 light. Ideally something little which will fit in the pocket. Any makes to watch out for? Something super bright would be good.

Man of Honour
Personally I'm a fan of Olight - quite a range of stuff under £30.

I have the Olight i3E EOS on my keychain and never let me down yet and a couple of the S series for work/general use.

Transmission breaker
Don
Anyone recommend a decent green laser pointer? My daughter is getting into astronomy so want one to point stuff out to her.
Any of the 303/302 green lasers with 18650 batteries would be sufficient. I got a couple a few years ago and they don't get used much but still work well. They are usually equipped with a key lock for safety against accidental activation.

Caporegime
Any of the 303/302 green lasers with 18650 batteries would be sufficient. I got a couple a few years ago and they don't get used much but still work well. They are usually equipped with a key lock for safety against accidental activation.

Good, I ordered one just like that off eBay for a fiver. Probably only get used a few times so if it's junk I can bin it.

Back
Top Bottom