Dismissed today from my job

Associate
OP
Well the decision came back today, as expected no luck.

They have basically just stuck their fingers in their ears to all points raised.

My best piece of evidence was a colleague requested time off, was denied and subsequently walked out the business but they have used the “we can’t discuss confidential matters regarding other employees” route.

Oh well.

They have advised I can raise the appeal further to director level which I found odd as I would have thought this would be the end of it.

However, think I will leave it there. I’m working again now so clearly can’t get the time off for another appeal hearing and think it best just to move on.

Obviously I’ll wait on the unions advise but I think that’s the end of this saga for me. Thanks again everyone.

Soldato
Has it worked out for you? How does the salary compare between the new role and the previous one? Did you build up any benefits due to your tenure (pension, holidays etc)?

Curious to know if your mistake has allowed you to move forward.

Associate
OP
Has it worked out for you? How does the salary compare between the new role and the previous one? Did you build up any benefits due to your tenure (pension, holidays etc)?

Curious to know if your mistake has allowed you to move forward.

Monthly wage is ever so slightly worse in the new position but bonuses should mean my annual salary is actually higher by hopefully a considerable amount.

As to benefits accrued I had pretty much nothing worth mentioning. A standard pension scheme and only 2 days accrued holiday so nothing missed in all honesty.

Soldato
Monthly wage is ever so slightly worse in the new position but bonuses should mean my annual salary is actually higher by hopefully a considerable amount.

As to benefits accrued I had pretty much nothing worth mentioning. A standard pension scheme and only 2 days accrued holiday so nothing missed in all honesty.

I'm glad it all worked out for you. Plenty of lessons in there for everyone too :)

Back
Top Bottom