Winter Screenwash

Soldato
Where do you guys live???

I water down any random screenwash and don't seem to have a problem.

I water down ready to use stuff.

It the summer you can pretty much just have blue tinted water in there.

Soldato
the BM oem stuff doesn't play happily with other brands though, maybe others too ?
I have not seen an explanation, only the threads with repair bills, seems like a setup.

Soldato
the BM oem stuff doesn't play happily with other brands though, maybe others too ?
I have not seen an explanation, only the threads with repair bills, seems like a setup.
Something to do with the filter I'm told to believe. I didn't believe the issues at first, until I saw a colleague's filter block up and it's a pain to get at the tank to flush it.

I use BMW OE stuff now, I only pay about £10 for a big bottle of concentrate and it lasts ages. I'm supposed to run 8:1 for -10C, but I just pour plenty of water in and I've never had an issue.

Associate
Something to do with the filter I'm told to believe. I didn't believe the issues at first, until I saw a colleague's filter block up and it's a pain to get at the tank to flush it.

I use BMW OE stuff now, I only pay about £10 for a big bottle of concentrate and it lasts ages. I'm supposed to run 8:1 for -10C, but I just pour plenty of water in and I've never had an issue.

Yeah, I only use the BMW screenwash in my F30 after the filter blocked up a few years ago in my old E90 after using other brands. For every litre I put about 200ml of the screenwash in during winter.

Soldato
I just stock up on triple qx when it's on offer at euro car parts last few I bought were £2 for 5 litres so even if you mix it 1:1 ratio for winter it still works out 20p per litre really can't go wrong as long as you have space to store them

Caporegime
Soldato
Yeah, I only use the BMW screenwash in my F30 after the filter blocked up a few years ago in my old E90 after using other brands. For every litre I put about 200ml of the screenwash in during winter.

Funny that you say that, I own an F30 and my colleague has an E90 that he blocked up.

Man of Honour
Polygard Acrtic Screenwash -20˚c from Buoyes. Very good and no smears.

I am going to try this stuff. Every winter so far I have ended up with a block of ice in the screenwash bottle no matter what the manufacturer states on their bottles so I will give this a shot. It's pretty cheap as well as you can get 4x 5 ltr bottles on Ebay for £15.70 delivered.

I miss my Mk1 Focus with it's heated windscreen, heated washer jets and heated screenwash bottle. :(

Back
Top Bottom