Help!!

Associate
So my machine was up and running this morning. Everything seemed ok. Got a power cut and won't post!!

Asus z97 hero board. I7 4790k 16gb hyper x ram.

Getting 00 and 15 and 55 codes all seem to be ram related. I've reset bios and tested the ram in my son's board all 4 sticks arare working.

Going to pull my son's CPU out and try this in my board as I'm not sure but it's pointing to either CPU or board.. I'm hoping it's the CPU as this is still under warranty where as the board I'm sure is not long out of warranty...

Any other ideas?

Associate
OP
I'd take the machine apart, borrow the PSU for your sons machine and bench test it. Only then would I 100% say your board is dead.
Not tried a bench test yet but I have my RAM, PSU, CPU and GPU in my son's machine and it's running.
Did you tried to rest CMOS? If this doesnt help maybe a Bios flash- it might be partially corrupted? I mean worth trying.
tried a CMOS reset not tried a bios flash though. I'll try this tomorrow while I've got it out the case.

Soldato
Other option I'm thinking is what's my 4790k worth... Do I sell that and my DDR 3 ram and put money into it and buy a new board, CPU and some DDR 4 ram....

4790K's fetch a decent amount of money, assuming you don't get time wasters and such especially when using that famous auction site. DDR3 RAM, maybe £50-60 at a push unless it is 2133/2400MHz C11 stuff.

I've been trying to buy a 4770/4790 (non-K) or K for quite a while now but ended up with a 'fake' which has the IHS changed first time, and the second one was dud. I think I give up, but there is a market out there for them. :)

Associate
Other option I'm thinking is what's my 4790k worth... Do I sell that and my DDR 3 ram and put money into it and buy a new board, CPU and some DDR 4 ram....

I mean you have enough posts to access members market where you can buy a z97 motherboard for appox 20-40 pounds so it is up to you. If the cpu still meets your needs then leave it otherwise upgrading. This is my rule when it comes to upgrading. My z87gd65 failed and got z87-pro off members market and my set up is still going strong although Im planing to gift it to my nephew as a Xmas present since I got 8700k based system. Of course if this is a bad motherboard

Associate
OP
I mean you have enough posts to access members market where you can buy a z97 motherboard for appox 20-40 pounds so it is up to you. If the cpu still meets your needs then leave it otherwise upgrading. This is my rule when it comes to upgrading. My z87gd65 failed and got z87-pro off members market and my set up is still going strong although Im planing to gift it to my nephew as a Xmas present since I got 8700k based system. Of course if this is a bad motherboard
Yea been having a look haven't spotted anything yet.

Associate
4790K's fetch a decent amount of money, assuming you don't get time wasters and such especially when using that famous auction site. DDR3 RAM, maybe £50-60 at a push unless it is 2133/2400MHz C11 stuff.

I've been trying to buy a 4770/4790 (non-K) or K for quite a while now but ended up with a 'fake' which has the IHS changed first time, and the second one was dud. I think I give up, but there is a market out there for them. :)
People are so shady

Associate
OP
So I got a maximus vii formula board and swapped it over today. It's back up and running.. so I'm happy. Not played with any overclocking yet but the 4790k ran stable at 4.6 on the old board. At the moment I don't spend enough time on it so I'll leave it stock.

Needing to get a new M.2 drive as my old one is too long for the formula board.

Back
Top Bottom