**** The Official Huawei Mate 20/Mate 20 Pro Thread ****

Associate
I did yes, I rang them this afternoon to ask if that was the reason for a delay and they said not (I'm sceptical)
Regretting the colour choice now as not really bothered once it goes in a case..

Soldato
Just got a text from three, it's delayed until at least the 2nd.
Must be shifting tons of them.

It’s the first proper ‘no compromise’ phone I can remember. No missing features, no inexplicably small battery, nothing held back for next year’s phone etc. Just everything thrown in to one package with decent ram and storage.

It deserves to sell well.

hux

hux

Soldato
It’s the first proper ‘no compromise’ phone I can remember. No missing features, no inexplicably small battery, nothing held back for next year’s phone etc. Just everything thrown in to one package with decent ram and storage.

It deserves to sell well.

That's why I jumped soon as I saw it.
I'm not upset, it's well worth the wait and I knew Twilight would be a big seller anyway so comes as no surprise.

The last no compromise phone for me was my note 4, every phone to me since had something missing.

Soldato
Is anyone getting the Twilight version tomorrow?

I've cancelled my Amazon Twilight and gone with Argos Black as they're still saying they can deliver tomorrow. It's still in time to get the pre-order bonus items.

I wonder what chances I'd have with Huawei if Argos muck something up and I buy elsewhere, trying to show them I had pre-ordered (I think 3 times now!).

Associate
Is anyone getting the Twilight version tomorrow?

I've cancelled my Amazon Twilight and gone with Argos Black as they're still saying they can deliver tomorrow. It's still in time to get the pre-order bonus items.

I wonder what chances I'd have with Huawei if Argos muck something up and I buy elsewhere, trying to show them I had pre-ordered (I think 3 times now!).

I am.

Soldato
Are any of you who have preordered upgrading from an iPhone? Be interested to know if this phone has tempted people away from iOS.

I'm still on the fence but have a few hours to make up my mind!

Soldato
Still no ETA on my ee order but I only ordered yesterday (twighlight) so not really expecting it any time soon.

Did go into cpw at lunch to have a play with one. Wasn't at all locked down so had a good mess around and I'm impressed with it.
The selfie camera was better than I was expecting but the rear facing was really impressive. Wide angle worked incredibly well and the zoom was awesome. Ui was very responsive and even more snappy after reducing the animation scale in the dev options.
The notch hiding feature was perfect and worked as I hoped.
Also was able to fully uninstall the Facebook app but there were a few games on there which couldn't be removed. Guess this may be different with the retail phone though.

Contrary to the reviews it didn't feel as "ultra premium" as I'd envisaged... Not that it felt cheap but to my hands at least it didn't quite feel iPhone / Samsung level.

Only things I feel I'll miss from my U11 are the squeeze to launch camera and the aspect ratio of the screen (but I guess rightly or wrongly 16:9 is a thing of the past so best get used to it).

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, I've ordered from CPW too... black again, but should come in tomorrow. Whichever comes first, the other is returned.

Just on with Argos live chat for 15 minutes to see if they deliver tomorrow when I'm not home, can I collect, or have Saturday delivery... 18 minutes in fact, just keep getting blanked....

Back
Top Bottom