Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Caporegime
And still no dispatch from shopto ebay outlet.

Going to get refund.

Absolute **** communication from them, well I shouldn't even say **** considering they haven't responded to any of my messages in the last 3 weeks enquiring about the dispatch date!

Roll on black friday.......

Soldato
How long would you say the opening mission / tutorial is? IE to the point where you could quit the game without feeling like you’re in the middle of something?

Trying to be spoiler free - after the rescue mission of a beloved character, about an hour or so in. Though you're still kinda boxed in up in the mountains. I'm taking my time so you could probably do it in half the time.

Associate
I've got Xbox One, the standard one...and didn't even think about switching to anything more advanced like X1X considering if I do play on a rare ocassion it's usually on 27" 1080p monitor...
But...
Looking at digital foundry comparison of consoles on YouTube the X1X got a noticeable differrnt in quality, Xbox One seems very washed out and dark compared to X1X...not sure if I will notice the difference on an old monitor though :rolleyes:

Most scenes on Xbox One seem yellow compared to other consoles where its more of a whiter natural light

Last edited:
Soldato
I would take DF comparisons with a pinch of salt. Unless you pause the game constantly, zoom in and count the pixels it will still look and play fantastic on your normal Xbox....

Associate
I would take DF comparisons with a pinch of salt. Unless you pause the game constantly, zoom in and count the pixels it will still look and play fantastic on your normal Xbox....

I suspect you will enjoy the game regardless of console platform and revision mate

Yeah you're right guys, it's just jumping on the hype train trying to find "the best" solution.
I am sure the experience of the game will be great either way, hopefully they will release the game on PC one day or I might upgrade to a better console and TV at some point in life :)

Soldato
1x seems to be running 6x higher res than the standard xbox one, the one x looks considerably sharper than ps4 pro

Edit: im sure the game will be amazing on whatever platform you choose.

Last edited:
Soldato
its obvious its going to look better on the one x as thats the most powerful, so if you have the option then that is 100% the one to go for. But if you only have one option then it will look great whatever you have, and once it is in motion and your immersed in the world i dont think youll be constantly thinking how bad it looks. It is only when the still images are put side by side that it is obvious, and unless you have it across all the platforms your not going to notice , just enjoy what sounds like one of the greatest open worlds ever created :D

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Originally was going to play on PS4 Pro however having seen the videos I have now ordered it for Xbox One X. Went for PS4 as I prefer the interface, pad etc but there's just too much of an improvement on the X, be silly not to as I already own both :)

Back
Top Bottom