Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

HRL

HRL

Soldato
No update on the PS4P.

Just switched it off or I’ll be up all night playing it. Looks great in 4K HDR though, that’s for sure. :)

New PC and GPU coming next week, question is will it get a look in. :D

Associate
Just read digital foundry’s analysis. Can anyone confirm that the game doesn’t look a bit of a mess on PS4 pro due to blurryness imported by the AA on the resolution. Not sure what they said exactly but it didn’t sound great.

Don’t want to watch any vids due to spoilers. Hope I’m not disssapointed by some graphical flaw on the pro version from the checkerboarding or something.
I'm playing on a PS4 Pro, using a 1440p ips monitor. Supersampling mode doesn't activate and the game looks horrendous. The snow and alpha effects create a blurry mess. There has to be a patch on the way.:(

Soldato
I'm playing on a PS4 Pro, using a 1440p ips monitor. Supersampling mode doesn't activate and the game looks horrendous. The snow and alpha effects create a blurry mess. There has to be a patch on the way.:(

I'm on ps4 pro and LG OLED. it's absolutely incredible looking, it's not as sharp as xb1x obviously, but in no way is it bad looking. I just upped my tv sharpness to counter it

Soldato
The usual DF create a fuss about nothing have tried it on my X and sons S on my OLED it looks great on both. Yes it looks a bit better on X but it’s still a great looking game on S and by no means the mess claimed by them.

So far it’s a stunning game the level of detail is superb not just graphics but the way the characters react to the environment is really impressive and really adds to the immersion.

Associate
How long is the install from physical on PS4 Pro? Just min maxing my plan for when I get home from work to get as much play time in this evening :D

Soldato
I always take DFs performance review with a pinch to be honest. I'm not overly fussy in visuals and I'm not about to stop a game to take a picture etc. Looks great and I look forward to playing it tomorrow.

Anyone listened to Greg Miller's review of it on Red Dead Radio? Makes some very valid points...in short he didn't like it.

Commissario
Just picked up my copy from Sainsburys, they'd already sold 10 by the time I got there (07:10)!!

Now for the epic wait to install sigh.

Caporegime
Drove into work and there was a nice big billboard advert on the ring road.

Uchhh should have took the day off. I shall finish at 3 I think to make sure I get back to play a bit this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom