Uneconomical to repair

Associate
Advice please. I have a 2010 mazda 3 which was hit from behind a few weeks ago.

Insurance company says its too expensive to repair and it's not safe to drive. They have offered 4.5k without the car or 3750 with the car and I can try to get it repaired. Its a cat N aka D.

I can get a better tamura or takuya for about 5k or I could get the car back try and get it repaired and pocket the difference but is it worth the hassle.

Bear in mind I know nothing about cars and assume the repairers are not blagging me.

Associate
Cat D is usually more just replacing bodywork than anything major, but it will still take time, so if you're not doing the work and paying someone else's labour rates then it's usually not work it. (especially when you consider the car's resale price is now a lot lower too, as it's permanently flagged as a cat d).

Associate
OP
Yeh most peeps have said take the money but I'd thought I'd get another opinion. It seems simple to get some cash and keep the car but then I will have hassle insuring it and they probably won;t let me drive it from the garage anyway so would need to pay for transport and then faffing about with getting quotes on a car I can't technically insure. But thanks

Soldato
If you are unable to do the majority of repairs yourself or strio it for parts it will be more hassle than its worth.

Spend your time finding expensive examples of the current car to use to get the offer price (without buy back) up to a sensible level then buy one of the other cars you have already seen. They have to put you back in a position where you could buy an equivalent car - don't accept a trade price offer

Back
Top Bottom