Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
Picked up my special edition and hardback strategy guide for the PS4.

Won't get to play until much later though.

The variation between the game platforms is really in material although noticeable.

When you are playing a game and not testing it, you are not simultaneously viewing several versions on multiple TVs; so your mind immerses you in the version you are playing and will naturally interpolate.

I would imagine it would be a very small percentage of players who are so niggled by the X version being that much better; it's actually ruining their gaming experience.

All being said though hopefully the PS4 Pro version will receive a graphics patch and for those who can afford it the XB X is a no brainer. Game are doing some great in-store trade in bonuses so the cost to change console is very palatable although this may be store/region specific.

Soldato
That’s weird, mine obviously hasn’t done that. Maybe my console doesn’t identify as a one X :( :D

This is what mine shows on One X.

ekp2mq.jpg

Soldato
Rockstar need to dump their implementation of checkerboarding and render a native 1440p on the pro imo. How such a large studio couldn't implement a good method is disappointing especially after the great checkerboard rendering done by GOW, HZD and Spiderman. I definitely notice the lack of detail/blur on the pro in cutscenes and wooded areas.

Caporegime
Rockstar need to dump their implementation of checkerboarding and render a native 1440p on the pro imo. How such a large studio couldn't implement a good method is disappointing especially after the great checkerboard rendering done by GOW, HZD and Spiderman. I definitely notice the lack of detail/blur on the pro in cutscenes and wooded areas.

Sony's "features" only ever seem to be utilised by their own studios - the touchpad, speaker, gyroscope on the DS4, correct checkerboarding on PS4 Pro, to name a few.

Last edited:
Soldato

Yep it’s strange. Checkerboard has looked brilliant on all the other games that’s used it. I think something not right with it, can see a patch down the line

Back
Top Bottom