• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX 2080 Ti Owners Thread

Associate
Seems to be plenty of complaints on the nvidia forum about leds and artifacting issues on these new cards which is disappointing for the high asking price, seems to be some really bad QC issues.

I do use an Asus Z370 Formula but never used their RGB software, I do use nzxt cam for the fan and strips as well as corsair link for the RGB on the AIO pump. Those two haven't affected the other card at at all in nearly a week. Haven't even seen the green logo on the other card though from the very first power up.

When I boot up the working card, there is about a 2 second or so delay before the card even lights up and then shows green instantly, the other one is instantly red then orange the second I press the power button.

The wiring used is rgb in the FE cards but it cannot be changed from green. I presume yours has some dodgy wiring causing it to show as orange/red.

Associate
Interestingly the Game that is most sensitive to overclocks is Destiny 2. Hit a planet and if your overclock is too high and it will crash. Even though that overclock may be fine in other games such as COD and Battlefield 1 and benchmarking. Crazy eh ?

Associate
So, Gigabyte 2080 Ti OC. +150Mhz core. +500Mhz Memory. It's hovering around the 2000Mhz range in game. Between 1960 and 2010. Max Temps 75c. Wondering whether to bother with the updated bios that increases power limit to 133% I believe. I wonder if higher temps might lower the clocks to the same level anyway.

Associate
If it gets you the fps/settings you want then don't bother.

I've been using mine some and more and the performance difference over my 1080ti is becoming even more apparent. My fps in Siege is a perfect constant now, never budges from my target fps and this is at max settings with 60-80% usage. Again, I used medium/high ish settings on my 1080ti and fps was always on the move and never constant. Its an amazing difference and has improved my gameplay. The price is still daft but for me the performance is lovely. A happy but skint customer.

Associate
If it gets you the fps/settings you want then don't bother.

I've been using mine some and more and the performance difference over my 1080ti is becoming even more apparent. My fps in Siege is a perfect constant now, never budges from my target fps and this is at max settings with 60-80% usage. Again, I used medium/high ish settings on my 1080ti and fps was always on the move and never constant. Its an amazing difference and has improved my gameplay. The price is still daft but for me the performance is lovely. A happy but skint customer.

Guess you are right. That's a beautiful looking EK block you put together! :) Maybe one day I'll attempt something like that.

Soldato
Read some people saying in the forums that the power limit is raised but the voltage limit and temp limit negate any massive OC gains if flashed to latest bios.

Generally what I saw after switching. But for people not planning on overclocking, just whacking the power limit up all the way with the new BIOS really helps GPU boost.

Associate
What stable overclocks are people getting? I have 130 on the core and 700 on the memory. Using an Fe so trying to find a balance between clocks and fan volume.

Associate
What stable overclocks are people getting? I have 130 on the core and 700 on the memory. Using an Fe so trying to find a balance between clocks and fan volume.

Hi, I wouldn't exceed to more than +500 on the mem.
You still rock a nice 15k gbps.
The reason is that soooo many RTX (2080 ti FE especially) died for gddr6 reasons as it seems.

Associate
Can overclocking memory too high for the specific card damage it? I got mine to +800 and got a valid 3dmark but some artefacts in games, so have knocked it back to +700.

Associate
Can overclocking memory too high for the specific card damage it? I got mine to +800 and got a valid 3dmark but some artefacts in games, so have knocked it back to +700.

If the temp of the memory gets too high yes but an unstable memory oc will cause artifacting but likely won't damage the GPU. 700 is likely close to your limit.

Associate
I cancelled my Gigabyte RTX 2080Ti Windforce OC 11GB which now got postponed to the 2nd of December!.

Instead I found another retailer that had Gainward RTX 2080Ti Phoenix Golden Sample 11GB in stock (albeit a bit more expensive) and I should get that card thursday :)

Soldato
Block installed :). So far very good looking at around 2115-2130mhz so far hasn't crashed so may be possible for some more yet. Haven't messed around with memory but may do later. Maxed is around 40c.

Couple of photo's of the rig.

KDvPdVk.jpg
7zoaSl3.jpg

Caporegime
Just read this at Digital Trends "RTX 2080Ti cards dying" . Something to worry about or just hyped up?
https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/nvidia-rtx-2080-ti-graphics-cards-dying/

I've seen quite a few posts like this on the Nvidia forums and hardocp, the one thing in common is they're all FE cards, haven't seen many if any posts on a third party card crapping out. Some cards are rock solid for a few days then randomly die. Wonder if it's a manufacturing issue or some dodgy cores are slipping through.

Back
Top Bottom