Xbox One X died after 368 days

Soldato
Not a Scorpio model but soon after.
It’s been running fine even with a Kinect & external drive then when turning on it sometimes shows a E105 error. Then after a few resets & wiping the Xbox it won’t boot up again.
Even reflashed stock firmware from a USB key.
Also with just having shadow tomb raider installed it would give an error that I need to clear local storage, after it reset I’d deffo get the E105 error.
Also if disable Cortana it would reset & give the E105.

It sounds like a hard drive fault to me?

Anyway Microsoft thinks their 2 year warranty runs out 01/01/19 so I have arranged a repair from a local UPS & I have a shipping label for Germany.
My question is do I just give UPS the console in its box with no PSU / joypad?
Thanks

Fingers crossed I’ll get it back in time for red dead 2 :D

Associate
Well at least it is still in warranty, Normally you just send the faulty item, but it should be in the instructions on the site.

Associate
I sent mine for repair literally last month. Took 2 and a bit weeks. If you get it sent now it may be back in time for RDR2.

Just sent the Xbox on its own. Literally no accessories - not even the power cable.

Shawrey

Soldato
OP
Just dropped it off at UPS. I was not instilled with the greatest confidence as they said receipts are not given anymore & they’re just sending it in the original box.
I left it with the lid not taped as it would likely be airfreight so they could check the contents but they didn’t so I asked them to tape the lid up.

Jees, when I used to work for DHL they were paranoid about security & would have checked it at reception.
Anyway if it don’t come back I’m going PlayStation so can multiplay with mates.

Soldato
OP
Damn November? I took the date from Game.co.uk website which must have been the date I ordered it then.

2jc5uf5.jpg

Soldato
OP
Only took a day repair + UPS time for Germany.
Report said software reset.
The screws have been butchered and serial sticker replaced with a service sticker currently dated.
Lost the original box but that won’t matter until sell when next box is released.

Red dead 2 is very impressive, once I get past the intro training hours it’s gonna be even better

Soldato
In future if interested, you can get an advanced replacement from Microsoft. (receive the new one before returning the old one)

They take a holding fee of £450 to your credit card buy return it when return sent

Soldato
In future if interested, you can get an advanced replacement from Microsoft. (receive the new one before returning the old one)

They take a holding fee of £450 to your credit card buy return it when return sent

Apparently they don’t this anymore. I requested the advanced exchange but was told from October this no longer available.

Back
Top Bottom